[FIXED] Mid July Patch ERROR FIXED!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necroker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

For me if it worked thank you very much every day you learn something new

Jige bakudan

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithorz View Post
So, this is probably the first thread on how to solve the huge patch.
1) First of all download Hotspot shield http://hotspotshield.com
2) Activate it and restard the LoL patcher.
3) You will now see a normal 300mb patch
4) Wait for patch to end
5) Uninstall Hotspot Shield

Thanks man it works my friend's own just finish he can log in im 12 mins out will post again if i can log in ok. Thanks a bunch

Other Thoughts: Hotspot does hide and change ur ip therefore it would indicate its an ip problem on riot's side tsk tsk.

edited: confimed this method works. I was able to log in and play tsk tsk riot tsk tsk

xxaber

07-20-2012

doesnt work for me i guest ill have to quit lol -_- cause theres no other solution for this

it was fun until this patch

bookntrumpet

07-20-2012

this did not work for me. have tried 10 times. reinstalled 3 times. tried hot spot shield. numerous times. Have now been trying tio patch for 3 days. with no luck. i have given it time. One time tried to leave it patching for 8 hours. still no luck. tried shifting lol launcher folder. ETC ETC.. i think i will have to wait for riot to fix the actual issue

bookntrumpet

07-20-2012

this did not work for me at all. Still stuck i have tried everything and have now been trying for 3 days. RIOT FIX YOUR ISSUES

MisterMouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Yayyy! It worked perfectly for me. I tried a bunch of things, running as admin, turning off peer to peer, restarting router, reinstalling and this is the only one that worked.

Thanks a bunch!

bookntrumpet

07-20-2012

lol is now officially finished for me... it wasted over 15 gig of downloading absolute useless patches. its been 3 days of nothing working. suck it riot ... u suck

Jige bakudan

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookntrumpet View Post
lol is now officially finished for me... it wasted over 15 gig of downloading absolute useless patches. its been 3 days of nothing working. suck it riot ... u suck

it sucks bookntrumpet their response to players problems have been in the toilet for this patch i wasted 2 days of downloading as well before i solved the problem and then took 10-15 mins to download the actual patch. Funny thing is player support was actually trying to tell me it was still downloading (for 2 days) and there was a problem with my internet connection... ... -.- when i hid my ip and tried again it took 10-15 mins to get the patch 44 hours! wasted doing nothing staring at a patch that had no progress to it -.- when the prob was and still IS on their end. Even the **** patcher works how its supposed when u change or hide ur ip it shows the correct file size decreasing as the patching progresses and it doesn't get stuck at 33% even the time remaining is shown properly -.-.
Also u dont have to use hotspot sheild u can try another 3rd party software that hides ur IP address the most significant thing i can see hotspot shield does is hide ur ip address. I also recommend that u do a full reinstall of the game. If ur download gets corrupted dont worry when the errors come up in installation (just click ignore u can repair it later) let it patch up if it gets stuck again close the patcher install hotspot shield or any similar 3rd party software then re popen the patcher and you should be good to go (remember to run a repair when u finish if ur installation wasnt clean) if that doesnt work my friend idk what to tell u but thats what i did and it worked for me and all 8 of my friends who i played with

Darakeron

07-21-2012

hey but i have downloaded hotspot like 3 times and it doesn´t work, so can u help me? or tell me how do i activate otspot plz .....

Jige bakudan

07-21-2012

ok when u download and install whatd di it tell u ?