[FIXED] Mid July Patch ERROR FIXED!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lithorz

07-19-2012

So, this is probably the first thread on how to solve the huge patch.
1) First of all download Hotspot shield http://hotspotshield.com
2) Activate it and restard the LoL patcher.
3) You will now see a normal 300mb patch
4) Wait for patch to end
5) Uninstall Hotspot Shield

Quote:
NOTE!: HOTSPOT SHIELD MIGHT SLOW DOWN YOUR CONNECTION & COMPUTER WHILE YOU HAVE IT ACTIVATE IT, UNINSTALL AS SOON AS YOU FINISH PATCHING LOL!

Polite Heathen

07-19-2012

This works, do it guys. Not sure why we have to do this though..

HolyCruz

07-19-2012

The only possible way this will work is if its before youre LoL is corrupted because of ****ing riots uselessness to fix this after a couple hours now..

Plus I have installed and tried this and it doesnt work.. Its an internet safety program, so why its going to do anything is beyond me

l3l00

07-19-2012

Yup, this actually works

Lithorz

07-19-2012

it worked for me, but one thing, try to activate hotspot shield and then restart patcher if its not working perhaps thats what some people are missing.

HolyCruz

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithorz View Post
it worked for me, but one thing, try to activate hotspot shield and then restart patcher if its not working perhaps thats what some people are missing.
There is no restarting patcher for me.. Soon as LoL opens its an instant error then nothing happens..

Lithorz

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCruz View Post
There is no restarting patcher for me.. Soon as LoL opens its an instant error then nothing happens..
mmm thats weird, it worked perfectly well for me with hotspot. yet when i logged in it said : Disconnected from PvP.net attempting to reconnect and after some 20~40 secs it worked

Gyges Skyeye

07-19-2012

I tried using the hotspot thing but it failed its(hotspot) install partway through. o.0 I looked and saw that the disk drive I was trying to install it to had less than 5mb of free space. LoL client also happens to be on this disk. I cleaned up some memory space on the disk drive and regardless its working now. Its a decently sized patch and perhaps insufficient memory is part of the issue?

Sutiraika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

It worked for me, thank you. I even closed the program once the patch started downloading to speed up a little.

Goth Bot

07-20-2012

Didnt work for me at all the shield couldnt even CONNECT. ;l