Braum Shield Can't Block Zyra Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M1SS1NGxN0

4 Days Ago

Happen in a game yesterday, Zyra died and my adc was very low so i waited for her to shoot her passive and put up my shield or Braums 'E' and it went right through, it made the sound as if I blocked it but it went through and did full damage to everyone it hit.

Not sure if it is a bug or not or if it is intended. Seems like a bug, wanted to report and try to get someone from rito to respond.

Gorerend

4 Days Ago

It is a intended mechanic (least as far as I can tell)as Zyra's passive deals true damage, and as such true damage cannot be reduced by any means.

M1SS1NGxN0

3 Days Ago

bump would like a Riot response because this is the wording and even that is confusing.

While his shield is raised, Braum also gains the ability to intercept oncoming projectiles that are capable of hitting friendly champions (excluding turret attacks) and gains 10% movement speed.

exact wording. so it also cannot block ahris return Q?

em420

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorerend View Post
It is a intended mechanic (least as far as I can tell)as Zyra's passive deals true damage, and as such true damage cannot be reduced by any means.
except barrier

Gorerend

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by em420 View Post
except barrier
Well that's an shield mechanic, so doesn't technically reduce the amount of damage done by the true damage ability (as it still does the same damage) but just absorbs a portion of it equal to the shield strength

M1SS1NGxN0

3 Days Ago

exactly, and Braum's shield absorbs the first projectile for the entire amount of the damage dealt by the projectile. Even Vayne's 3rd proc on AA in the champion spotlight they say 'blah blah it's smart to save your E for the 3rd shot of Vaynes procs' so wouldn't that be a true damage projectile that Braums shield does stop? How is zyra's projectile different?

Sedna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1SS1NGxN0 View Post
Happen in a game yesterday, Zyra died and my adc was very low so i waited for her to shoot her passive and put up my shield or Braums 'E' and it went right through, it made the sound as if I blocked it but it went through and did full damage to everyone it hit.

Not sure if it is a bug or not or if it is intended. Seems like a bug, wanted to report and try to get someone from rito to respond.
same as yasuo's wind wall. Been like that since launch

Gorerend

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1SS1NGxN0 View Post
exactly, and Braum's shield absorbs the first projectile for the entire amount of the damage dealt by the projectile. Even Vayne's 3rd proc on AA in the champion spotlight they say 'blah blah it's smart to save your E for the 3rd shot of Vaynes procs' so wouldn't that be a true damage projectile that Braums shield does stop? How is zyra's projectile different?
First off, yes Braum's Unbreakable in most cases will absorb the first damage of most projectiles but there are specific ones (Zyra passive being one of them) that are coded to go through it.

Second, No, Vayne's 3rd proc of Silver Bolts is a ability proc being of completely seperate origin from her Condemn now while you can use Condemn to proc the 3rd hit of Silver Bolts does not make the ability a true damage projectile as the damage it (Condemn) deals is still physical.

Also note this part of the tooltip (From the Wikia):
Active: Braum raises his shield, creating a barrier in the target direction that reduces the damage Braum takes from oncoming sources (excluding true damage and towers) for the next few seconds. Granted I do believe they should add the bolded section to the in-game tooltip to prevent further confusion.