Thoughts on range AD build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnboundedX

07-19-2012

This is the build I came up with. So far it's very good for straight nuke damage, and has wrecked everyone I've played against. But I'd like to get some feedback on it.

Berserkers Greaves
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper
Guardian Angel

The reason I use two phantom dancers is due to the stackable stats. You get 110% increased attack speed, 60% crit, and 24% movement speed increase. Combined with the Infinity Edge, you get a total 85% crit chance.
Before you ask, NO there is not a crit cap.
With the 250% crit damage from Infinity Edge, and the 85% crit chance, with the 40% armor pen from LW, I have wrecked entire teams using this build. Even tanks using thornmail can't stand up to it. The GA of course is obvious why I pick that.

I use this build because I feel it is a good overall end game build vs ap's and ad's. The nuke potential shreds AP's, and, in the matches I've used it, has wrecked the enemy tanks in seconds. I'd like to know what you all think about this, and if you would change out any items?

Afterthoughts: If you grab a Trinity Force you will actually have 100% crit chance. But I have found the GA and LW to be invaluable in any match.

UnboundedX

07-19-2012

The character's I normally play are Graves, Ezreal, and Kogmaw. That's who I've been using this build on.

Palmerfan

07-19-2012

Damage before attack speed.

But other than that, yeah. That's the standard AD carry build. GA interchangeable with QSS/BV, 2nd PD interchangeable with TF on certain carries.

Locofohuelemal

07-19-2012

Looks interesting. Only thing that would concern me would be sustainability before late game. This looks like a terrific late game build, where sustain is not really an issue, but for the majority of the game, you're extremely vulnerable and might have to b a lot. Unless you got an early GA, which is kind of silly.

UnboundedX

07-19-2012

Well the way I normally build is boots, PD and GA, I actually do pick up the GA early to mid game because of the possibility of team fights and the extra armor and mr.

ovroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-19-2012

My only problem with this is there's no thirster or frozen mallet :/ i usually try to get atleast one of these because thirster gives sustain while fighting, while the FM gives slows (making it difficult to escape) and some HP for a tankier look on things.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

No sustain. Thornmail or if people focus you, you die immediately regardless of the GA.

UnboundedX

07-19-2012

I actually was thinking about swapping out one of the PD's for a BT for that very reason. Because that would still leave the base crit at 55% so every other hit would be a crit, combined with the extra AD from BT would equal more long term damage. And the lifesteal is the sustain.

UnboundedX

07-19-2012

So from what I can tell from what you guys are saying, is what I had feared... it's basically a glass cannon build.

ovroth

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalazon View Post
So from what I can tell from what you guys are saying, is what I had feared... it's basically a glass cannon build.
yes...mostly viable when you have two tanks and they dont have jumping ads like wukong or jax... jax would always slaughter this build