Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's discuss Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

banditsuit

07-19-2012

Look at where Gangplank is now. Now look at how he used to be. Is it just me, or has GP been ignored and not changed to adapt to the newer top champions and changing meta? Even to this day I still Critplank solo top and had some good moments, but he's almost a worthless champion to use due to how squishy he naturally is and how Cannon Barrage really isn't that useful anymore. The Cannon Barrage damage is really bad and it's a waste to just use it on minions (since that's all it's REALLY good for other than slowing). What if Cannon Barrage's bonus damage was from AD instead of AP? Most Gangplank players have little and even some have NO AP in their builds.

Gangplank also has been straying away from AD and Tank builds. Parrrley isn't outputting good enough damage if you've been focusing on Tanking. Even with an AD build, it's not good enough to be able to sustain due to 80% of top champions countering him.

banditsuit

07-19-2012

Gangplank just isn't good enough to be top due to natural squishiness. If he had an increase in base armor and/or armor per level or maybe if Raise Morale also increased Gangplank's crit chance (and possibly also for your nearby team)

banditsuit

07-19-2012

This thread isn't another RIOT FIX DA GANGPLANK YOU DUN NERF HIM NOW FIX thread, I just think it's bad how he hasn't been kept up to the changing meta and therefor makes him almost useless

Etherimp

07-19-2012

GP had several months in the sun as one of the most OP champions in League.

HonorableGeneral

07-19-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:

So did Jax. He's still viable.

Wheres the GP love?

banditsuit

07-19-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:

Yes, but as I said...
Look where he WAS
Look where he is NOW

He has not been maintained to keep up with the changing top lane. And I don't even know why they have him listed as a carry when there's no way in hell he can be AD Carry in (almost) all circumstances

KrystalSundancer

07-19-2012

I did Support Gangplank vs Support Lulu, was lucky enough to win but only works against none sustain supports. :/

Gangplank is pretty much outclassed in every position right now. Although, like most champions in his situation, I do believe there is one guy out there who still rocks with him, as people can learn to play within a champions weaknesses, if they truly love them.

banditsuit

07-19-2012

Quote:
KrystalSundancer:
I did Support Gangplank vs Support Lulu, was lucky enough to win but only works against none sustain supports. :/

Gangplank is pretty much outclassed in every position right now. Although, like most champions in his situation, I do believe there is one guy out there who still rocks with him, as people can learn to play within a champions weaknesses, if they truly love them.

Yeah, even though GP is in his current "condition" I still play him out of love

Onerblack

07-19-2012

That's pretty sad, I love his Pirate desing :\