The rape of Samus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathSheeps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

I was just going to rent the game and move on >.>

Oh and if you want another example of a game going wrong, but not ruining the series check out Silent Hill: Homecoming. That game made me sad with the whole lock-on system and storyline you can guess 5 minutes into playing. However, I got excited for and blown away by the re-imagining of the first Silent Hill on the Nintendo Wii with its amazing( although short) storyline.

Did this title reveal certain parts of Samus that people may not have wanted (sounds like it, but i can't say because I haven't played it). However, like others have stated, there is no need to worry. There will be another crew that comes along and brings out the best of the Metroid and makes a game that shines.

No worries, Be Happy

turdviking

09-11-2010

Eh, this makes her seem more "human" i guess, since she was tramautized as a little girl, but I mean, on the NES or SNES it's not like the game actually had Samus speaking or any character development, it was just shoot this or shoot that. And they couldn't make a cutscene where Samus remember something from her past.

Uccisore

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post

I wouldn't have guessed you were female. They aren't "cheapening" the Metroid franchise, they're raping it, or that is to say, they raped it, sexually assaulted it in the worst possible way.

I have no idea how a woman would be unable to see how this effectively turns back the clock on gender-issues by 25+ years.
And now you know the awful truth. So much of feminism is men trying to make women act like men, and women can't relate to it.

They made Samus in a sensitive character who's vulnerabilities are an important part of who she is, and have influence over her behavior instead of being repressed/ignored like, say, Kratos.

In other words, they made Samus like a woman. And surprise, apparently some women appreciate this.

How exactly is it good for gender issues to have 'strong female character' mean 'character who acts like a man'?

CodeOrange

09-11-2010

Umm... Lara Croft: Tomb Raider anyone?

AstorSapolsky

09-11-2010

When I opened this thread I was hoping for- ah forget it, easier than "Backdooring Annie" threads.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
In other words, they made Samus like a woman.
Oh my god.

I'm not a feminist, I'll be the first to admit I'm sexist, however, anyone with even a basic level of intelligence should realize that portraying a woman like Samus as the stereotypical "distressed damsel" *IS* sexist.

Woman =/= Emo train wreck
Man =/= Badass independent character with emotions under control

Only a hack writer / unintelligent individual associates genders like that.

Quote:
on the NES or SNES it's not like the game actually had Samus speaking or any character development
Actually, through actions and monologues, Samus was portrayed as a strong, independent woman with emotions.

Same example as before:
"The Return of Samus (1991)" . - She spares the final Metroid who is born and believes Samus is her mother, going against orders that the Galactic Federation gave her (Exterminate all Metroids).

The Other M = inconsistent with Samus' previous portrayal(s). More than that, her behavior towards the character "Adam" is disturbing and downright offensive, EVEN TO ME! When you offend someone who openly admits to being sexist, you -know- you've gone too far.

yourthevoiceyo

09-12-2010

no.

Jesus thy Lord

2 Weeks Ago

First OT post, yeahhhh