... 1500's vs 1700's really riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epoch

07-18-2012

Are you kidding me riot... my highest elo teamate was 1580 their lowest was 1708.... are you ****ing serious wtf is wrong with you riot

Epoch

07-18-2012

Thats 4 games in a row i have either been with 2 or more bots or people that are over 100-150 elo below me

Epoch

07-18-2012

WOW **** YOU RIOT this game my team has 3 junglers what the **** is with your ****ty ass match making lost 250 elo in 2 days **** you

Retro Shock

07-18-2012

I assume ELO in League is similar to MMR in WoW (forgive me if it's not).

The reason why you play higher or lower rated teams is so you and the game can see if your are ready to play against that higher or lower team. For example, Let's say team A is 1500 ELO, the game wants to see if team A is ready to move on to, say, 1650 ELO. The game queues you into team B at 1600 ELO to play against, the rating is higher then team A's but not so much higher that it's an auto-loss for team A. If team A beats team B, Team A gains a moderate amount of rating, team B also loses a moderate amount of rating because they lost to a lower rated team. However, if team B wins, team A's ELO wont go down all that much, because they were playing a higher rated team. On the flip side, Team B also gains little ELO for beating a team lower than them.

Another reason for being queued into a higher rated team is that no one is queuing and you just got the short end of the stick.

Hope this helps

-Waldo226

GødshotGG

07-18-2012

am only 1779.. and i had games with 2600+'s..
so what

Rekyz

07-18-2012

20 minute queue's suck...

WillWW

07-19-2012

Are you complaining when you get matches vs 1300s and lower?

Lorthix

07-19-2012

There are not as many people who play 3v3 as there are who do 5s. This results in less people queueing at any given time, meaning the game has to search for the best matchups it can without people waiting an hour for a single game. Perhaps you just got unlucky and queued during the time that there were not very many teams at your ELO queueing up so the game decided the best match up for you was them.