Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid-July Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zarno the great

07-19-2012

Quote:
Tommy Boi:
Hey Riot you guys need to do something with champions like Garen and Rumble who have no cost spells, because they do not have to worry about how much mana, health, or energy they have before a spell they dominate every game. Please rethink no cost champions.

What did i just read?
their very balanced, garen is based off cd's and rumble has a heat gauge to balance him as well

and you forgot riven

SupremeLegacy

07-19-2012

Xin Zhao has returned! I honestly haven't looked forward to a patch in a long time and this one may be my favorite. Great job riot!

StrygwyrBS

07-19-2012

Thanks for making changes to matchmaking

In the future would like to see some solid win count or total games played minimums which are taken into consideration instead of just win/loss% or Elo number. If I have 100 wins @ 1200 elo I should never be paired up with or fighting against someone who just started ranked games @ 1200 elo as well. I am not concerned with winning. I'm more interested in fun games where higher level strategy is involved and you don't have that one or two players who just ruin the fun... all in the name of "keeping it a 50% chance to win or lose."

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Lookin good Riot. The character remakes are lookin great! I hope theres much more of this to come. =)

Careful how quick you are to nerf flavor of the month champs lke Malphite. Malphite has been just fine for months if not years. He gets a little bit of tourny play, the fans go wild, and he ends up with nerfs. Its ok to let the players figure out how to answer newly discovered threats without the nerf stick.

Zakur the Bright

07-19-2012

FINALLY, They fixed Xerath's ult. However Xerath is still underpowered, especially if you compare his W+Q combo with Jayce's in cannon form.

fOGreatness

07-19-2012

.... Wait...... they BUFFED Graves? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Kokiron

07-19-2012

Sanguine Pool
Movement Speed bonus now decays over time

y tho

Laminis Tigris

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Quote:
Udyr:

PvP.net v1.63
  • New Matchmaking Upgrades
    • Players who are under Level 30 are far less likely to face Level 30s
    • Greatly improved matchmaking for premade groups of 4
    • Matchmaking improved for highly skilled players trying to queue with lower skilled friends
    • Matchmaking in Ranked Solo/Duo Queue now restricts the number of duo queue pairings on each team to 1 per team
  • Improved initial seeding for Ranked Teams composed of skilled Ranked Solo/Duo players
  • Summoner Profiles now display the highest Ranked Team rating, instead of Arranged Team ratings
[/I]

This is what made me really happy about the patch. I'm a new player and I've been going up against 30's a bit more than I'd like for my level. I'll definitely be taking advantage of the reworked characters too. Twitch sounds kinda fun and Xin seems like a lot of fun now. Zyra looks fun, but I can wait. Good job Riot.

TWDemigod

07-19-2012

Quote:
Avidx:
twitch nerfed too much, please fix it...
twitch is too fail now

agree

Twitch is suck now.

Mr Slavè

07-19-2012

God dam wtf is up with the twitch attack damage nerfs.... They already lowered his damage output on his moves now your gonna lower his base stats to make him even weaker?.... seriously.