Zyra's Radiant Garden [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Zyra

Senior Member

07-21-2012

((Sigh... You expect poisons and medical plants to sell for cheap?))

"The Ixora? You want to send that kind of message to her?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiang Li

Senior Member

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Zyra View Post
((Sigh... You expect poisons and medical plants to sell for cheap?))
((Those may be exceptions. However, the most would be triple digits for a low quantity.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Zyra

Senior Member

07-21-2012

((What exactly do you mean low quantity. She is a plant mage... quantity is not an issue.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiang Li

Senior Member

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Zyra View Post
((What exactly do you mean low quantity. She is a plant mage... quantity is not an issue.))
((That is correct. However, how many roses would you be selling for 1300 gold? I will assume that it is a whole backyard of land carpeted with roses due to its price. What if someone wanted a (1) rose? Would it cost just as much? The idea that I am implying is moderation of prices according to the quantity that a customer would like to purchase. That is, have a set amount for a quantity for a product.
For example: 2 gold for a (1) rose; 20 gold for a bouquet of 10 and so on.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Zyra

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiang Li View Post
((That is correct. However, how many roses would you be selling for 1300 gold? I will assume that it is a whole backyard of land carpeted with roses due to its price. What if someone wanted a (1) rose? Would it cost just as much? The idea that I am implying is moderation of prices according to the quantity that a customer would like to purchase. That is, have a set amount for a quantity for a product.
For example: 2 gold for a (1) rose; 20 gold for a bouquet of 10 and so on.))
((That is far to cheap. 100 gold for a rose of the quality that Zyra would grow is nothing seeing as most people are getting around 20,000+ gold a week. living expenses and food are not subtracted from that. This is pretty much pocket change to everyone on the RP forums, and honestly unless your role playing a person who spends every dime they have then it will not be a problem. Even then there are special qualities I can give to some flowers to make then even more expensive should the costumer want to add those in. Yes I will have cheaper products soon enough. Things that are normally everyday purchases.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiang Li

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Zyra View Post
((That is far to cheap. 100 gold for a rose of the quality that Zyra would grow is nothing seeing as most people are getting around 20,000+ gold a week. living expenses and food are not subtracted from that. This is pretty much pocket change to everyone on the RP forums, and honestly unless your role playing a person who spends every dime they have then it will not be a problem. Even then there are special qualities I can give to some flowers to make then even more expensive should the costumer want to add those in. Yes I will have cheaper products soon enough. Things that are normally everyday purchases.))
((How do your define your terms when you said "quality that Zyra would grow"?))
((Shinobi edit:
Let us do some hypothetical mathematical work:
A typical person, whose wage lies between a Fast Food worker, who earns only 800 a week, and an officer with a good rank in the military, who earns 1600 a week, if not more, earns 1200. Now, we will divide that 20000 you mentioned by 1200, the median of the 800-1600 range, and we will get 16.67 to the nearest hundredth. Now, where I live, a rose costs $5.00. That is, Australian Dollars. Now we will multiply that 5 by 16.67 and we acquire the result of 83.35. We do not have cents in the form of Valours so we will round that up to the nearest whole number, which is 83. Concluding, a rose should equate 85 Valours per single quantity. The reason I have placed that to 85 instead of 83 is that I am trying to make all variables divisible by 5. And for future reference, finally, roses may be more expensive here in Australia as there is lower demand than in population-dense countries such as America.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Zyra

Senior Member

07-22-2012

((In other words your splitting hairs for 15 gold... really?))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiang Li

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Zyra View Post
((In other words your splitting hairs for 15 gold... really?))
((That is not correct. I am doing what I promised in the thread "Bank of Valoran".))
((Actually, in other words, your prices are justified now that I look at them again. As opposed to Ask The Megling, 1300 for a bouquet of roses is fair.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blade3324

Senior Member

07-22-2012

"Well... What's wrong with the Ixora?" Jack said looking at the flowers. They seemed pretty right? What could possibly go wrong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Omicron

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Endel explores the warming green house with interest. Checking the poison plant section where he comes across the Daphne, berries said to kill any of those wishing to consume them. They were perfect for the job, he thought, and so he reached into the pockets of his robe to pull out the right amount needed.

"Do these come in pairs?" He asked.