Twisted Treeline nooblord here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poeta Somnium

07-18-2012

Hello all! I'm your average 'casual' gamer, 700+ normal wins between Summoner's Rift and Dominion, no interest in ranked, been playing for just over a year. In that time I've played maybe six to eight games on Treeline, just looking for a new experience, and I get rolled every time.

I mean, it isn't just losing.... It's so bad that I get a popup from the client halfway through the game telling me to uninstall. I lose so bad that I should have to pay a fine whenever I want to queue up for TT. The last time my team's nexus blew up, the announcer lady actually took the time to come out of my screen, slap me across the face, and tell me to gtfo. (She's actually kinda pretty, but she hits hard.)

tl;dr, I r Twisted Treeline n00b. Plz halp.

My Biggest Problem:

I main support. I mained Anivia for a long time and I'm pretty decent with other AP champs like Orianna and Cass, but my best role by far is support. Primarily Leona, Lulu, Janna, Blitz, Zilean, and Taric.

So my question is this; is there any room for supports in Twisted Treeline? I would have thought that with all the jungle movement having one teammate dedicated to warding would be a real benefit; Twisted Treeline is after all really gank-centric.

But it seems like the only team comp that is remotely viable is Bruiser/Bruiser/AD carry or something similar. I couldn't really contribute much to skirmishes because the other team was guaranteed to out-damage us.

I didn't even see many mages in my games; just tanky DPS everywhere. Is that really the only viable role to play in TT? How can I play support and still help my team, if it's even possible?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

The Search function was fixed awhile ago.

AntiNewb

07-18-2012

I play Leona on TT and she holds her own just fine, I've seen other supports such as Soraka and Janna work perfectly fine as well but you will have to build more ap and damage to be useful. Support play is possible in TT its just a little different play style than you would be used to in 5s.

Shrouded Soul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

I play a sum of TT games and i would recommend champions that are not so mana dependant like anivia because there is no blue buff in TT. Mordekaiser, Ryze, Vladimir, and other not so mana dependant champions would be a strong choice in the mage selection that i would recommend.

Hope that helps.

My Right Ear

07-19-2012

soraka is a bit stronger in tt then sr since she only needs to focus on 2 people to heal... and if you have a tt jungler you can build a tonne of ap/cdr for epic heals

The Chaingang

07-19-2012

Supports are great on Twisted Treeline IF you have a hypercarry on your team, but if you do not, supports are usually bad. This is simply because there are only two other people on your team and the support can't help as many people. Also, aura items only help 2 people, so they are less effective.
This does not mean that the champions cannot be played on TT, they simply require a different playstyle.

Some quick tips:
First of all, 0 cs supports don't work (except in very, very rare situations)
Secondly, gp10 items don't have the time to generate gold, so you should never get more than 1. You should only really ever get one of these if your team gets first blood and you want a big advantage.
Build some damage for your supports (usually ability power). The only viable champions you play as support from your list are Lulu, Janna and Taric. Build these champions as if they were AP carries and build aura items - usually one (I suggest aegis only). Aura items cost more because they benefit the whole team so they aren't worth the gold spent when it only helps 2 others. Side note: I <3 AP Taric <3

TL;DR I hope you read the whole thing since you asked, but for others...
Pick supports only when you have a hypercarry, don't be a 0cs support, build AP with 1 aura item, stay bot lane whenn learning how to play on TT.

Uncle Jellyfish

07-19-2012

Check my match history. I main Lulu on TT exclusively. She works well with champs like Fizz, Jax<3, Pantheon, Jayce, etc, and if you get an early Chalice and build her AP (getting Grail as my first complete item is usually how I play) she does exceptionally well, as her damage scales well into mid game, and the AP helps her support her teammates better in the late game.

Other support type champs that work well are Blitz, Leona, Alistar, and Janna. Soraka, sometimes, if you're good with her and your team knows how to protect you, but on TT she's a bit harder to handle because she's slow and lacks an escape/viable mobility.

Poeta Somnium

07-19-2012

Thanks for the tips everyone! Now I just need to get around to playing a game. But at least I know the right direction to go in. I knew that TT had to be approached with a different mindset, I just wasn't sure how. Thanks again!