Rise of the Thorns: Inside the Art of Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorlen

07-19-2012

GOD ****IT.....
That said, I just wish to say that I took a look at my news for my LoL client and saw the patch notes and something about Zyra... I then proceeded to dance about happily in my room until my updates were finished. As I went to buy Zyra I noticed something.... IT WAS STILL JAYCE ON THE MENU. I then cried.... **** it Riot!

Soulseeker87

07-19-2012

Good job releasing the patch the day i got so summer camp for 3 weeks.

Ixey

07-19-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojunFiufJo here you go folks It's on the new for a long time

Tytu23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

She is going to be very hard but a very strong champ if you know how to play her.

Krimson62

07-19-2012

This was a cool thing you guys just did!

I really hope you expand on this working with future champions!

Also concept art is OP! I for one would love to see it!

Keep up the good work, and when zyra is ready, you already have a happy customer, just from her artwork alone

Sexybobolonie

07-19-2012

What is her skin gonna be!?

Phantom5

07-19-2012

I like her curves. Trollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Feederdom

07-19-2012

@Katie "RiotTeaTime" De Sousa

When you say rendering the material with subsurface scattering, did you actually make a 3D model and render it with some sort of simulation then blend them to your drawing? The scattering looks nice in the art, I'm wondering if there's any other technology involved behind.

Phantom5

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi Dog View Post
i'm definitely going to purchase zyra
Yeah well that's what they said with the others

GreenAntonym

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Good stuff! I like reading about the inside workings of the game sometimes, especially when it involves something new and challenging like the Pulsefire Ezreal skin and this champion. It really gives me an appreciation for all the hard work that was put into it by people who really care about the game and its players. It also gets me hyped about the new champion too! More so than when the new lore and abilities were revealed. Can't wait to see her in action...but please take your time to perfect her. Thanks!