Common problems and probable solutions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoshPitMayhem

01-23-2012

I'm not sure if its been stated, but in various games people get a bug in champs select where they cant see champs, this is total bs seeing as i play ranked and its happened 4 times in ranked. I love losing elo for dumb reasons.

Also another bug, im not sure if this is just me but every now and then my hot-keys don't work at the start and i have to re-log to fix them, simply resetting them in the settings menu doesn't do it. This just lost me a ranked game as shaco because i was underlvld by 8 lvls because i missed 5 minutes of the game which i think is complete bunk. These little things ruin the game sometimes cmon riot, you've taken a step towards server stability but you've fallen about 10 notches in the bug department :/ quit releasing new things and fix your old ****. (notably these are different departments) so kick your techies in the ass and make them work harder.

Aruethor

01-25-2012

okay what people are saying is that the game goes all black but you can only u can see your character health bars and other things also anyways eventually you'll be walking and it goes totally pitch black (at least for me it does). How to fix it? When you open up the client click on a little cog crank thing at the top right corner and you can run repair. NOTE IT DOES TAKE A LONG TIME ABOUT 3 HOURS FOR ME AND I PLAY ON A HP LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS XP. After running that restart your computer because it may be very hot after running for that long a time with no breaks. After that give it about 15 min to cool down then turn your computer back on. When your computer is back on let it load get everything ready so there is not corruption involved so then it doesn't result in having to restart your computer again. Then after doing so, open up League of Legends there may a patch it needs to add because of corrupted data by the way so let that finish. When it says League of Legends is up to date you can play. AGAIN NOTE AFTER RUNNING REPAIR EVERYTHING RESET FOR ME SO YOUR GRAPHICS SPELLS AND I BELIEVE MASTERIES RESET SO BE SURE TO FIX ALL OF THAT BEFORE PLAYING! And also if this does not fix it you may just need a better computer because LoL was made in 2009 so it may require something like Windows 7. Well sadly that is all i have to offer hope this fixes your problem

Venominon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

I open my LoL patcher and is says "Failed to launch RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe"

amargus

02-02-2012

I have 2 days trying to download the game, not the patch.

i try in 2 computers and 2 conections, the same error.
plz help.

CowOfRedemption

02-03-2012

Im trying to reconnect to a game but it just doesnt reconnect,i closed my client and opened it like 5 times already still doesnt work :/ and i hate this because im probably gonna get reported

SapphireStarxox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

when im ingame sometimes my champ just stops moving and i cant click anything, i die cuz of it and i was wondering if this has to do with the patches going on? ign: SapphireStarxox

W1Z KuShL1Fa

02-12-2012

i changed the resolution in game and now before every game. Attention Out of Range H:79.8KHz V:74.9Hz.. Pops up and i dont no how to fix it any ideas.

KoboldArchmage

02-15-2012

I regularly encounter a bug in summoner's rift where the graphic for Brand's passive remains on Miss Fortune for the entire game.

JakeTaichou

02-16-2012

I recently have had issues trying to load the game client. I click to start the updater, and then the logo for LoL appears, but instead of staying there until the updater comes up, it flickers multiple times, and then gives me this error message:

Error Message

However, my Internet connection works just fine, and I could load the game before. I think this all started after the second-to-last update, or around that time. Perhaps the update changed how my firewall treats the game updater?

I was wondering if anyone had similar problems or knew of a fix. My computer information is:
Windows XP
Computer Specs

I hope to fix this, because it's very annoying. Sometimes I can't even play the game.

iMANTHEON

02-23-2012

1. Cannot connect to PvP.net upon trying to log in
2. After clicking okay and observing the client shut itself down, I try to restart and upon loading I get the "PvP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working.

This has happened after I tried all the fixes that worked for everyone else. I uninstalled and deleted the Riot Games folder and reinstalled 5 times to get these same 2 problems. After reinstalling it will patch, I'll get to login, try to log in, it'll pause, then the cancel button will appear after a delay, then I get the cannot connect to pvp.net error.

It was fine yesterday.