Pantheon Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D00mGiver

07-18-2012

So I wanted to see what people thought of my Pantheon build.
For boots i use either merc or ninja depending on the other team.
Then
ghostblade
Black cleaver
atma's
IE
warmogs
That is the general order depending on how fed you are.
If they have a lot of ap and magic casters i might switch out warmogs for force of nature.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Absolutely terrible. Sorry man, but thats the truth.

Pantheon is a Physical Caster. He doesnt autoattack hardly at all, but relies on his spells to do damage, and their tasty AD ratio.

So Panth wants... AD. Lots of it! And some survival, maybe a bit of mana regen.

He does NOT WANT: Attack Speed, Crit. These dont work with his skills and he doesnt autoattack hardly at all.

Inf Edge has lots of AD, but the crit is near useless.
Black Cleavers onhit and Attack speed are useless.
Warmog is fine but too defensive for such an aggressive early game champ.
Ghosblade sucks. The crit is mostly useless, as is the clickey.

Therefore, a build will look more like:

Philo Stone (health regen, mo mana)
Multiple Doran's Blades possibly. (health, bit of sustain when last hitting, AD).
boots. I take Ionic, but this varies.
Brutalizer (CDR, AD, armor penetration)
Phage (health, AD)
Hexdrinker (AD, magic resist)
Atmas as a last item (armor, AD mostly. With semi-useless crit)

Frozne Mallet upgrade for health, better snare.
Maw as a last upgrade from Hexdrinker, since it kind of sucks.

D00mGiver

07-19-2012

Why is the armor pen onhit on pantheon useless? The reason i take bc i to minimize his weaknesses. Because he is an ad caster when his spells are on cd he is almost useless. The bit of as and armpen helps a lot when you are on cd. That is my reasoning for taking bc. Atmas stacks with warmogs giving you armor hp and ad with some crit. Ghostblade does give you some good utility. and ie is an optional last item subject to the other team. Just my thoughts. thanks for your response. Any more imput on my explanation would be nice.

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

panth has 100% crit on low HP targets, so doing 50% more damage through IE is useless? cdr boots will run your mana down way too fast (panth goes oom just spamming spear with 0% cdr...), my final build with panth is usually boots (mercs or ninjas), frozen mallet, bloodthirster, last whisper (gives you all the armor pen you need), IE, and then a situational item...maw, warmogs, GA, atmas. i like to build a few dorans and a brutalizer early, but sell the brutalizer later. if they don't stack any armor, don't get last whisper and get something else. atmas is good, but not core unless you get another health item besides mallet, which you usually won't.

Warrrrax

07-19-2012

His Spells are very low cooldown. Panth typically does his Burst, then backs off. Then repeats. If you want someone with sustained damage, try Jax instead.
Adding some CDR will drop his cooldowns even further.

Panth never autoattacks hardly except once during his stun. You'd need to get in hits with black cleaver BEFORE doing your burst for it to do much of anything. And the attack speed is wasted.

You only have X amount of money... you need to spend it getting the most optimal stats you can for a champ. You are right that crit/Apen/AS are NOT "useless", but they mine as well be, because spending money on them is a waste of potential.

Dont think of it as "Is Black Cleaver any good?", but "is there a better use of 3000+ gold?".

Ghostblade upgrade costs 1400ish gold or so and gives very underutilized crit which only works on the ONE whole autoattack that you typically get in. The clickey isn't all that useful either due to how Panth plays. There are better ways to spend 1400 gold.

You want to play to your STRENGTHS, not take contingency stuff like "if Im OOM what do i do?" or "once Ive cast spells what do I do for the 2.5 whole seconds until my spear comes up?". Instead you want to help ensure they don't live that long.

Panth crits are kind of odd. Heres the details, Spearshot only does 150% dmg and cant be enhanced.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...bility_Details

So yeah, IE is a fine item for AD carries and autoattackers, but isnt very efficient for Panth.

Khizan

07-19-2012

There's a very similar thread also up at this time, so I'm just going to direct you to my post(fifth post in the thread) in this thread here and save myself the trouble of writing it all over again.