Quinn, The Elastic Wasteband (Support Champion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinspurch

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Éidolon View Post
Excellent use of theme, mechanics and practicality.. I like it! I'd work on creating a Lore to polish him up a little bit... don't worry about the stats, they're easily adjustable.
What would he look like to you? Sure he's stretchy but what makes him stretch and as an audience and potential buyer of the champion I would definitely like to know how how his story has sculpted the game-play style of Quinn.

Over-all I can see Quinn happening!

Feel free to visit my champion concept 'Eidolon, The Shadow Stalker' and leave a comment :3
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2490711
Thanks a lot! I did add some photos of generic Elastic, Stretchy Heroes.
English Class might of been my best subject in high school but it will take me some tough brain storming to conjure a Lore. I want it to be somewhat connected to a champion or two currently in the League of Legends. From what i read, a lot of people are requesting monster type champions, but im really hoping that a champion such as Quinn is more than fitting.

SilentSide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

The name is troll. Even if you are trying to turn this into a serious character, the troll name will hinder you.

Sinspurch

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSide View Post
The name is troll. Even if you are trying to turn this into a serious character, the troll name will hinder you.
I seriously doubt that. There was a thread that talked about why Riot Games wasnt gonna name any champion with a "D" or a "Q". Well guess what, We have a Draven, Darius, and Diana. Its not too long till we have a champion whos name begins with a Q. And last time your or I checked, this IS the Champion Concept forum. Pretty much everyone that makes a thread is looking to get their champion turned into a serious character, and you have the nerve to call out my concepts name is Troll?! Get out of here dude. If you dont have anything nice or that has value to peoples concepts, just dont comment please.

SilentSide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Sheesh dude. If nothing else I bumped your thred. No need to get your feelings hurt. If you like this character stop calling him an elastic waistband. If the make a Spongebob Squarepants version of this game then the elastic waitsband will fit right in but this is a game where the goal is for every champion to be cool.

Elastic wastebands will never be cool in this lifetime.

Sinspurch

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSide View Post
Sheesh dude. If nothing else I bumped your thred. No need to get your feelings hurt. If you like this character stop calling him an elastic waistband. If the make a Spongebob Squarepants version of this game then the elastic waitsband will fit right in but this is a game where the goal is for every champion to be cool.

Elastic wastebands will never be cool in this lifetime.
IM not sure why you think because i used a pic from the Spongebob show makes this a bad idea, its to get the general idea about what this concept would resemble. DOESNT have to be the same look alike.Just because i used the Name of a Super Hero from a cartoon doesnt mean its not cool. Thats like saying The Nine-Tail Fox isnt cool, THAT TOO is from a cartoon but also from legend.
Lastly, You do NOT, know what is cool in this game at all, if you just go dissing on the names of people champion concepts. Last i checked i didnt hate your concept, so dont go hating on mine unless you want the same. IF you have NOTHING positive to say about my champion idea...then Get the F*** Out of this thread. Please and Thank You!

Sheppyy

08-27-2012

Throwing allied teemo's into enemy spawn pool

Sinspurch

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppyy View Post
Throwing allied teemo's into enemy spawn pool
LoL That would be so cruel but so hilarious! xD Any thoughts on the champion?

TheFlyingSpoon

08-30-2012

Cool champion idea.

"Quinn, The Elastic Wasteband"

What about calling him Stretch? Otherwise I would name him something that is "stretchy".
I would change the sub-name.

"Stretch: Pull/Throw; "

I like the idea. I would change the skill to just pull.

"Stretch: Duck and Cover;"

I like this idea of using his own body to shield an ally. I would change this to having him absorb all damage, maybe at a slightly reduced amount.

"Stretch: Flattened"

I like the animation concept of him stretching himself out, but this ult just doesn't sit right for me. It seems like there could be something better.

Overall like the concept!

-Peace

TheFlyingSpoon

08-30-2012

Per Ult:

"The ult doesn't really seem to match his other attacks and doesn't make since. Because something flat and light weight like him wont do much damage. A better ult in my opinion would be for him to spin in a circle rapidly and with his arm extended slapping enemies and pushing them back in the direction they came from dealing physical damage on the slap and less on the landing."

A variation on this is no jump, just spinning in place with damage and push-back and/or knock-up (significantly large aoe, and rooted in place- I think this is original enough, per wukong's ult). Also more damage the further you are away from him- max damage at his hands, minimum damage at his body.

-I like this much more than the given ult. Seems more appropriate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
"

I like this idea of using his own body to shield an ally. I would change this to having him absorb all damage, maybe at a slightly reduced amount.
"

I also think he shouldn't be able to use other abilities while using this skill.

-------------------------------------

-Peace

Sinspurch

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingSpoon View Post
Cool champion idea.

"Quinn, The Elastic Wasteband"

What about calling him Stretch? Otherwise I would name him something that is "stretchy".
I would change the sub-name.

"Stretch: Pull/Throw; "

I like the idea. I would change the skill to just pull.

"Stretch: Flattened"

I like the animation concept of him stretching himself out, but this ult just doesn't sit right for me. It seems like there could be something better.

Overall like the concept!

-Peace
Thank you for the feedback. As MUCH as im not against changing the name of my concept; because honestly Riot Games doesnt have any champion with a name starting with Q. But i'll take any feedback and put it on the first post as suggestions and consider them. And the Sub-Name, I couldnt think of any good name that fit his kit and what he is. It just kind of made sense to me but i CAN think of something, just have to brainstorm.

I did just change the name to Pull n' Throw just so that it makes sense when you say the ability, but I really like the idea of this champion being able to Save a champion and being able to help Kill champions when they start running away. But thats why theres a Pull AND a Throw. You have options when your in the middle of a fight. I could always change the cooldown so that its similar to Blitzcranks Grab cooldown? That way you would HAVE to make a smart decision about who you save and who you want to Kill. : l I like the feedback though. It helps.

I changed the amount of damage that he takes, but im pretty sure it does say and ill quote it, "Quinn takes whatever damage is received...".

The reason why for his Ultimate that i didn't want to type down a variation of Wukongs Ultimate is because, when he was released, many people were discussing that he ult could be something different and better. If and im not saying this champions will happen, but If my concept was made into a champion, Im sure some people would like it, but some would say the opposite. They wouldnt want to see an Ultimate that the same as another champion but it does a different crowd-control ability. But now that i look at the ultimate, Its basically Pantheons Ultimate but it has a strong crowd-control. Now i can look into changing his ultimate but still keep the "Stretch" concept in the Ult, brainstorming has to happen.
Thanks for the feedback again. Sorry if this was a tad long of a response. :3 Just thought id give my honest opinion on my concept.
-Peace