Quinn, The Elastic Wasteband (Support Champion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinspurch

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by …idolon View Post
Oh wow dude! I haven't visited your thread in a while and I must say... This must be another Champion because wow... I love this concept, you've upgraded it soo much that I almost don't recognize reading it in the past!

I definitely would like to see his ult so that he actually bounces in a rubber ball a few times maybe like 5 times while like knocking back and stunning enemies.

I love love love the fact that you made it so he can use his abilities while using Duck and Roll. Excellent use of combination!

Overall fantastic idea!

You left it quite vague in the visuals department but may I suggest an Octopus type champion that's made of rubber? It'd give it a nice little edge... imagine his ult Bouncing around with his arms whaling everywhere grabbing enemy champions and throwing them around.

Either way. Thumbs up and continue what you're doing!

Perhaps even try and work on a little sketch? Even if you're not really good, just have an eraser handy and keep at it. I'd love to see how Quinn would look aesthetically and see how his abilities would compliment his looks.

Anyway. Just wanted to drop by an express my excitement and I truly hope the next Champion Quinn is catered towards your direction as you clearly deserve recognition in my opinion, and hopefully having "Quinn" in the update files may been Riots little way of hinting towards your direction. At least in my optimistic mind that's how I see it.
I put a few photos at the bottom of the 1st post. Im not a really good drawer too. An Octopus Champion sounds awesome, just this Quinn is a human, a Mr. Fantastic Champion.
And that Ult you described...It would be like a Ziggs *Bouncing Bomb* with really hard CC, anyone not directly hit by his ult would be knocked back while those hit directly are stunned for a few seconds. Thats a 3rd option, already with 2, that would makes deciding an Ultimate more challenging. o.o
And your replies brought a huuuge smile to my face! DDD Thanks so so much.

Sinspurch

02-04-2013

Quote:
Ah and get this, Nikasaur is wearing an Octopus pendant in the new Summoner's Showcase. Not that I'm saying that maybe they are working excitedly on a Rubber Octopus named Quinn in which was inspired by your concept. But a dreamer can only wish so for a fellow concepteur.
Nah way?! xD Thats funny. It would be any summoners dream to see their concept in game.

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinspurch View Post
Nah way?! xD Thats funny. It would be any summoners dream to see their concept in game.
Hah! I bet. Though I believe anyone that works with Concepts diligently deserve to be titled more than just a Summoner. But a "Conciever", which is essentially what we do. We plant seeds in the creative teams imaginations and hope for them to flourish. Though I think they normally opt for Plan B.

When I cross all my fingers on both my hands in excitement for you, I can't help but think that I'm looking at Quinn's Eight Tentacles crossed.

Try it for yourself Sinspurch and if it doesn't feel right, than maybe it's not meant to be.

In any case, I wish not to break your heart with delusions. Patience now is our best friend.

But again.... even if they don't have a rubber elastic Octopus, at least you now have a good aesthetic layout for Quinn which is both unique and compelling and fits with the whole stretch theme, jump on it!

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
I put a few photos at the bottom of the 1st post. Im not a really good drawer too. An Octopus Champion sounds awesome, just this Quinn is a human, a Mr. Fantastic Champion.
And that Ult you described...It would be like a Ziggs *Bouncing Bomb* with really hard CC, anyone not directly hit by his ult would be knocked back while those hit directly are stunned for a few seconds. Thats a 3rd option, already with 2, that would makes deciding an Ultimate more challenging. o.o
And your replies brought a huuuge smile to my face! DDD Thanks so so much.
Well no, actually it wouldn't be like Ziggs, because Quinn would actually be the bouncing ball instead! and while bouncing, perhaps he can pull enemies in using his abilities as well?

Anyhow... yeah I saw your illustrations, while pretty neat I still believe that it'd be a lot more rewarding to give him a unique physical layout that we haven't seen yet while complimenting the stretchy theme.

Jaxzar105

02-04-2013

I love this idea. I don't know much about creating champions and whether this would be a good one or not but I would totally play Quinn.

√Čidolon

02-05-2013

Sinspurch, get on drawing an illustration! I'm actually out right now grabbing a pencil. Want me to draw one for fun for you when I get home?

I also need to draw myself a Lotus Assassin. Let me know!!

Sinspurch

02-05-2013

Quote:
Sinspurch, get on drawing an illustration! I'm actually out right now grabbing a pencil. Want me to draw one for fun for you when I get home?

I also need to draw myself a Lotus Assassin. Let me know!!
Go for it you like :] , i honestly cant draw with the Paint program and even drawing pencil on paper then uploading the photo to my computer...i lack the tech to do it. : l I wish i could

√Čidolon

02-05-2013

Quote:
Go for it you like :] , i honestly cant draw with the Paint program and even drawing pencil on paper then uploading the photo to my computer...i lack the tech to do it. : l I wish i could
Okay saweet. I've got a few fun ideas I can brainstorm actually. Can I have your permission to freely concepteulize on an aesthetic look for Quinn?

I know you posted Mr. Fantastic type sketches but I really want to indulge in an Octopus type champion. Maybe even make it a Yordle.

Of course whether you decide to use it or not is up to you! I won't be offended.

√Čidolon

02-05-2013

Update: Too late! I just finished it! I think you'll LUUUUUUUURV HIM! May I also suggest changing champion name if Riot does end up using Quinn for something else? I'd hate to see wasted potential.

Anyhow I'll scan and upload right now.

√Čidolon

02-05-2013

Attachment 607427

Here you are! Unfortunately it's pretty bad res because my scanner is messed up. I'll try posting a bigger one tomorrow!

Hope you like him!

I went more on the comical direction, thought it fit Quinn a little more than a serious vibe. I also wanted to add a little more pizzas to the design so I figured an Octopus as a Plumber would plunge him into all the ladies hearts.

Edit: Ooops looks like he's missing one arm. :X. Let's just say he keeps his 8th arm private. .