[QUICK FIXES] Non specific ways to get you back on the battlefield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinful Symbolism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

Hey everyone,

Recently I've been spending a lot of time on the support forums trying to help other summoners with their technical problems. I've been focusing on trying to answer unanswered questions, a lot of which can all be fixed fairly easily. Since I'm about to take off for a little while I figured I might as well post something to help with problems under different categories.

Repairing League of Legends

So first off lets start with something really simple. This is just a way to fix basic problems with the game such as missing files, corrupted files, and so on.

The easiest way to start the repair process is to run the repair through the PvP.net client options. This is near the top right corner, should be under P2P connections. If you are not able to launch the client, you can run the setup.exe that you used to initially install the game and run the repair through that.

Restoring Corrupt Files

If repairing did not solve your problem, deleting and restoring specific folders is a much easier way than re-installing the entire game.

1. You need to find the directory that includes your files. Usually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/projects

2. Identify where your problem is coming from:

- lol_launcher - this is the one that patches and updates the game

- lol_AIR_client - this includes the login and the PVP.net client with the summoner info, etc

- lol_game_client - this is the actual game client which you play on, problems related to this usually mean bug splats after champ select or during loading but also include HUD and interface problems.

3. Delete the folder (or move it out of the directory) the corresponds with your problem.

4. Restore the files. For the AIR_client and game_client you can simply run the launcher again. If your dealing with the launcher then run the repair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

If you have any questions feel free to post. I'm on usually every day answering threads in the support forums so if this doesn't fix your problem you can add me on League.

Sinful Symbolism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

Back home and I finished the thread, feel free to contact me in game if you have any questions or just need help.

Kuzushi

07-18-2012

Really nice! Thank you for this.

Kuzushi

07-19-2012

The path is actually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/projects.

It's those folders there, right?

Sinful Symbolism

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzushi View Post
The path is actually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/projects.

It's those folders there, right?
Yes! Thank you for correcting that. I was at work when I wrote this and couldn't remember the full directory.

DemmoxMKII

07-19-2012

Can you see why some people are experiencing an error when they try to download the newest patch (myself included) it just says "Send error, or see error logs". I went in the error logs folder and couldnt find todays date, so i dont know whats wrong

Sinful Symbolism

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemmoxMKII View Post
Can you see why some people are experiencing an error when they try to download the newest patch (myself included) it just says "Send error, or see error logs". I went in the error logs folder and couldnt find todays date, so i dont know whats wrong
Have you repaired the launcher?

DemmoxMKII

07-19-2012

Yep still get the same error message

Sinful Symbolism

07-19-2012

Delete the launcher folder and run the repair again. If that doesn't work the obvious yet annoying thing to do would to be completely uninstall and then re-install.

DemmoxMKII

07-19-2012

Still the same message even after i deleted the launcher file