Character Personality Discussion Thread

1234511 ... 47
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunk Reiora

07-18-2012

Similar to Cass's thread on Character rebalancing, this thread is made so that people can discuss a Character's personality and development with their peers.

Here, you can ask how your character is perceived by the community, and the community can help to improve on anything that needs to be improved!

This is more directed at Champions than OCs, since Champions have some responsibility to stick to a pre-existing Character, but if you would like criticism on the way you handle any character, feel free to bring them up in here.

If you would like people to discuss your character, write a small explanation on your intentions with that character and how you perceive their lore. Then either ask a question you want answered, or just keep it open so people can point something out on their own!

Some things to remember...

-Keep it civilized. Don't even need to explain this one. If you want to be taken seriously as a critic, you better explain why you're bashing on someone and do it nicely.

-Distinguish between Creative Liberty and Writing Skill. This is an important one. It's one thing to dislike the way someone has perceived their character, but arguing about that will get people nowhere: it's just opinion. However, what you CAN discuss is how they went about writing it. To explain: Something like Draven and Orianna being together is something that couuuuld happen, even if it's really rare, but arguing that it should NEVER happen will bring about a discussion on personal opinions, and that's something that will never be settled. However, should they be instantly humping like rabbits even though there's no possible way Orianna can do any of that? No. That part you can point out.

Anyway, I'll edit this post thread if need be. Let's all do our best to improve!

AskPantheon

07-18-2012

I would like someone to evaluate my performance as Pantheon, I want to know if there is anything that needs improvement.

The Cryophoenix

07-18-2012

I've always been proud of my Ask Anivia thread, and I try really hard to keep things as cannon as possible with Anivia, and provide detailed responses that I research quite a bit before posting.

But if anyone has any suggestions, criticism, or just something about my character that irks them please let me know! The fastest way for me to improve upon myself is hearing the opinions of a third party.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Ask Warwick

07-18-2012

-Twiddles claws-

Anyone feel like telling me anything I need to improve on? It would be good to know.

The Cryophoenix

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskPantheon View Post
I would like someone to evaluate my performance as Pantheon, I want to know if there is anything that needs improvement.
You do well personifying Pantheon, you get his nature and the fact that he's the harsh stubborn warrior type. Your replies are normally bite-sized but I don't mind that, I don't demand for paragraphs at a time. :P I think you're nailing his personality on the head!

Ask Talon

07-18-2012

This is going to be interesting....

Do me do me!

AskPantheon

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
You do well personifying Pantheon, you get his nature and the fact that he's the harsh stubborn warrior type. Your replies are normally bite-sized but I don't mind that, I don't demand for paragraphs at a time. :P I think you're nailing his personality on the head!
Thanks. I never considered him to be the very talkative type, and so I only answer with as many words as necessary.

ColossusCrusher

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskBloodHunter View Post
-Twiddles claws-

Anyone feel like telling me anything I need to improve on? It would be good to know.
Same here. I've started feeling that a little bit of me is seeping into Cassi - a trend I've noticed in most of my PbP characters.

Ask the Megling

07-18-2012

Would anyone like to take some time out of their busy day to tell me their honest thoughts about how I RP as Tristana? If you choose to, don't sugarcoat it. I want to know what you really think.

Ask the Herald

07-18-2012

Hmm. Well, isn't this quite the little gem.

Anyways, I will be happy to answer any concerns you all may have about my portrayal of Viktor.

I will note that, yes, I am aware that there are flaws in how I express him.

1234511 ... 47