[Guide] The Bird Is The Word: Solo Mid Guide to Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

me is Kiki x3

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufon View Post
I think mana regen p/ lvl seals are better than health, with masteries and these runes, you will get arround 20 mana regen at lvl 9/10
Anivia doesn't really spam her abilities every 5 or even 10 seconds. With one sapphire crystal at level 1, it should be able to sustain her until enough gold to is acquired to get a catalyst. With the passive of catalyst, mana (and health) should not be an issue for her.

In other words, for a champ like Karthus, who constantly spams his spells early game, mr/5 seals are useful to him. For Anivia, who doesn't spam her spells early game, flat mana is better.

me is Kiki x3

01-23-2011

bump

KennytheBamf

01-24-2011

Alright, not claiming to be an anivia pro, although I'm quite the badass with her .
First off, for summoner skills i prefer to go the flash/teleport route.
there are 2 reasons for this, 1 these skills can be used effectively throughout the entire game, whereas ignite is useless late game.
secondly teleport is a monster when you need to gank, or just to rejoin the team after you take a death

ALSO, first item, rushhhhhhh Archangels.
i cant stress this enough, tbh you should have at least 2-3 kills by level 10, and have your aa built by 16 minutes in. thennn get boots + roa.
reasoning behind this is with all your mana pool at level 10, you'll get roughly 100 something ap out of your first item, which is only 2800g compared to the 3k+ roa. after the aa, sorc boots and roa i build a deathcap to really exploit every passive of all my ap items. after that get ANOTHER aa. now you're roughly at 800 ap or so by 35 minutes if you've been doing decently.
and generally you want to take a wall @ level 8, when your only option is wall/ff, its just a better skill for ganks and keeping people in your ult at that ganking phase of the game.
Ohyes before i forget, take a trip back right after 6 or 7, you should've gotten a kill by now or two and have enough for a tear + blasting wand. then go straight to golem and take the buff with a full mana pool and then just harass mid every 5 seconds hitting 400 + dmg each time with r + e

KennytheBamf

01-24-2011

Ohyea for runes, generally i run ap quints, mp marks, manaregen/5 glyphs and cdr per level seals. the reasoning for these is that the ap quints are for easy first bloods, and that extra 30 or 40 ap from ap/lvl runes is useless when you should be having 800+ ap at level 18 and roughly 350 by 13. manaregen/5 glyphs to make harassing early game that much easier, and cdr per level because with your masteries + the 10% cdr from runes and blue = 40% cdr, which leads to spamming the **** out of all your spells, dealing MASSIVE damage

me is Kiki x3

01-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennytheBamf View Post
I'm quite the badass with her .
You and me both.

Quote:
First off, for summoner skills i prefer to go the flash/teleport route.
there are 2 reasons for this, 1 these skills can be used effectively throughout the entire game, whereas ignite is useless late game.
secondly teleport is a monster when you need to gank, or just to rejoin the team after you take a death.
I agree. Teleport is almost a MUST on Anivia.

Ignite helps get those crucial early-kills that she needs to dominate late game. Flash is a great spell for getting away from those unanticipated ganks or allowing that unfortunate b*stard to not barely get away.

Flash is my second choice behind ignite because throughout my many games with Anivia, I found that ignite benefitted me more. This depends 100% on the player and not the champion. Flash is an excellent, excellent spell. But for me, ignite has proven to be better.

Quote:
ALSO, first item, rushhhhhhh Archangels.
The extra health, mana, and passive from catalyst allow Anivia to dominate her opponent early game. It restores her mana AND health. Remember this. You won't always be up against some champ that feels like they have no need to harass you. Anivia is not the only harasser in the game. You will find yourself taking health at this point and the only way for you to get healed is either to go back or rely on catalyst. With teleport and catalyst, it's hard to miss lots of minion kills. More kills = more gold. More gold = more dominance.

Quote:
i cant stress this enough, tbh you should have at least 2-3 kills by level 10, and have your aa built by 16 minutes in. thennn get boots + roa.
If you can get 2-3 kills by level 10 EVERY SINGLE GAME, you are the greatest LoL player of all time.

I can not. Depending on my opponents and their level of skill, I can sometimes not get a kill until 15 or 20 minutes into the game. I will find myself getting a RoA as well as Sorc boots at around 15 minutes, but this happens 1 in 4 games if even that.

Tears gets you mana and mana regen. Catalyst gives you health, health regen (upon leveling up), mana, and mana regen (upon leveling up). Tears is a great item, but I start getting it after RoA and Sorc boots because anivia isn't THAT mana hungry early game. A catalyst built into a rod should be a sufficient amount of mana at this point. Plus, you have teleport.

Quote:
reasoning behind this is with all your mana pool at level 10, you'll get roughly 100 something ap out of your first item, which is only 2800g compared to the 3k+ roa. after the aa, sorc boots and roa i build a deathcap to really exploit every passive of all my ap items. after that get ANOTHER aa. now you're roughly at 800 ap or so by 35 minutes if you've been doing decently.
This is a good point. The only reasons why I get RoA first is because of catalyst and because she doesn't need crazy amount of ability power early game to deal crazy amounts of damage. With RoA, I have about 60 AP and a suitable amount of health. 60+ AP on Anivia is enough to deal large amounts of damage to champions. With the extra 40, you will do a little bit more, but the health factor is more important in my opinion. Not only because she's a caster, but because health stacks with your egg.

Quote:
and generally you want to take a wall @ level 8, when your only option is wall/ff, its just a better skill for ganks and keeping people in your ult at that ganking phase of the game.
I agree.

Quote:
Ohyes before i forget, take a trip back right after 6 or 7, you should've gotten a kill by now or two and have enough for a tear + blasting wand.
One to two kills by level 6 every game. I wish I was as good as you.

Quote:
then go straight to golem and take the buff with a full mana pool and then just harass mid every 5 seconds hitting 400 + dmg each time with r + e
Blue is very important, but keep in mind that you may have a jungler. If it's up, ask them if you can have it. They usually say yes.

Legandaire

02-27-2011

I think clarity is underrated. Clarity early game is like having a lvl 1 catalyst the protector and allows you to be overly agressive early game. Allowing for the early game gank as well as setting up for mind games. Let's say you have used up your mana pushing the lane and your up against a Teemo or Ashe, they see weakness and over commit. You pop clarity get a stun and combo off and boom goes the dynamite. you are now free to set up early lane ganks or push the tower. mid game works well for team fights where you mana burn to quickly. Late game apps dont really apply accept you dont have to watch your mana as much, but then you can do the same thing with getting the golem aura. I just think its something to be considered. It has more to do with play style than anything and if you like to mana burn than Clarity is a good choice

Haruhiist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Why would you want to be overly aggressive with Anivia pre-6? Flashfrost is easily dodgeable if the Anivia is trying to be offensive with it in a 1v1 lane. The only way to land Flashfrost in mid lane is to catch them while they're coming at you to harrass or to use wall to guide them into it.

Spamming FF and Frostbite is a waste of mana in lane. Anivia is a mid champion with incredibly offensive power - but is impossible to land against an enemy who knows how Anivia works unless you're being defensive. Your defense is your greatest offense. :O

Perigrine

03-01-2011

Bit of an odd question here... Does Zhonya's hourglass work with egg? I mean obviously it's extremely rare that it'll be worthwhile, but if the stars magically aligned, *could* you hide behind its activated ability?

me is Kiki x3

04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perigrine View Post
Bit of an odd question here... Does Zhonya's hourglass work with egg? I mean obviously it's extremely rare that it'll be worthwhile, but if the stars magically aligned, *could* you hide behind its activated ability?
I don't usually get hourglass with her, so I'm not sure. :/

hawkraider

04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAlz View Post
I don't usually get hourglass with her, so I'm not sure. :/
The hourglass thing does work but pnly as a glitch in which damage is prioritized higher that item abilities in the lol system (post about this again if you want the details of how this works)

on a side not though...
I personally take clarity as way of not having to return to base until I inevitably die because I refused to go back and therefor am behind on items. I also take ignite with the ignite mastery so that I can harass even more effectively early game this said, I also go 21/0/9 in masteries and have so far lost maybe a total of 3 game out of 20 as anivia (not counting internet failures on my/the enemy team and such) but she is also not my main so if you want you can completely disregard what I have said and be on your way. Participially I don't care I just hope to see a few more not so feedy anivia's on the fields of justice.