The Ask Champion Compendium

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Gangplank

08-05-2012

Vik, I'm going to be AFK for a while (couple weeks), and I probably won't be able to access thhe forums. Just wanted to post this here so there won't be any misunderstandings (Ashe-style) or a doppel-pirate (the existing doppel-dudes are already enough to confuse me).

The Graveman

08-05-2012

Hm, I'm debating on picking up either Tryndamere, Twitch, or Nidalee.

Anyone else going for these champions? I don't want to tread on any butterflies.

Dear Ashe

08-05-2012

Are you ever going to add Woad Ashe to the list? Or should I just be the hero no one needs?

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ashe View Post
Are you ever going to add Woad Ashe to the list? Or should I just be the hero no one needs?
Well RPing as a skin champ is normally a permission granted by the original.. I think Vik may be waiting for Ashe to get back as I said she is sometime this week to see what happens.

As is, i've been reading your thread, and you are crossing into old Ashe's territory now and then. At least it's what it seems like to me.

((Note: This is not, NOT an elitist/what ever argument you may have post))

Dear Ashe

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Well RPing as a skin champ is normally a permission granted by the original.. I think Vik may be waiting for Ashe to get back as I said she is sometime this week to see what happens.

As is, i've been reading your thread, and you are crossing into old Ashe's territory now and then. At least it's what it seems like to me.

((Note: This is not, NOT an elitist/what ever argument you may have post))
Huh. I was told by other individuals that I could be a completely separate entity. Also I have no idea what territory there is, but I've been attempting to avoid the regal side and make Ashe a bit more hobo. I guess (wrong word, but you get the point).

Whatever though~ we'll see.

Ask The Maven

08-05-2012

I don't really get where we define another persons territory in that sort of sense. Seems really ambiguous.

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ashe View Post
Huh. I was told by other individuals that I could be a completely separate entity. Also I have no idea what territory there is, but I've been attempting to avoid the regal side and make Ashe a bit more hobo. I guess (wrong word, but you get the point).

Whatever though~ we'll see.
Well every seperate entitiy has had to talk to the orignal before they started, such as Midnight Firefox who was Dark Ahri cause old Ahri let her, when old Ahri quit, she let Dark Ahri 'merge' into being full Ahri.

Same thing with Drunk Sejuani being an 'imposter' of Ask Sejuani. Asj Sej didn't liek it at first, but allowed it because of Drunk Sej's love of the char and her silly portrayl of an imposter.

No one has honestly made a skin champion that was not first approved by the oringnal... with the exception of Brolaf, because there was no original Olaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Maven View Post
I don't really get where we define another persons territory in that sort of sense. Seems really ambiguous.
I'm just going off of what I've seen and knowledge gleened over my 9 motnhs of being apart of the forum RP, first in the Lore Discussion Forums, then here as one of the first on the RP forums.

EDIT: Sona, say you started a deep and involved storyline here on the forums in multiple threads. Then someone came in playing as Pentakill Sona. Pentakill is something Sona already does, so how woudl you feel?

Additionally, Muse Sona could be the same. There is no story, no LORE behind Muse Sona, so they would all be coming out from your RP and stories you've built, and then things get confused as you would anwser one way, the the Muse would anwser a diffrent way. But as all questions being directed to "Woad Ashe" are not to "Woad Ashe" as Ashe is not a Woad in game nor are there Woad's ingame and all of the questions pointed at her have been about ingame events, events related to old Ashe.

Clarification: Woad Ashe is based off the Pikt's from old britania who ruled northern britan during the roman occupation of Britan. So talkng to Woad Ashe would be a totally diffrent universe, in which Ashe would have been apart of Roman occupied lands, and nothing to do with revolving around Valoran or Runterra.

All in all, it would be best for the new Woad Ashe to RP a member of the Frost Archer tribe, as that is the closest they could come to being a "Woad Ashe" yet not being Ashe, the Queen of Freljord.

Ask The Maven

08-05-2012

I don't really see where how long you've been here fits into that, though. I was a part of the official RPs Shruelia ran back before she changed jobs, (albeit on a different account than this one!) and this wasn't really a situation we ran into then. Champions were roleplayed by Reds.

I think one of the inherent problems is there just aren't enough champions people want to play. Some of them are far better suited to RP than others. Maybe we'd see less trouble if there were more closed RP threads where people not part of the ask community could sign up for champions?

[edit, to reply to edits!]

Quote:
EDIT: Sona, say you started a deep and involved storyline here on the forums in multiple threads. Then someone came in playing as Pentakill Sona. Pentakill is something Sona already does, so how woudl you feel?

Additionally, Muse Sona could be the same. There is no story, no LORE behind Muse Sona, so they would all be coming out from your RP and stories you've built, and then things get confused as you would anwser one way, the the Muse would anwser a diffrent way. But as all questions being directed to "Woad Ashe" are not to "Woad Ashe" as Ashe is not a Woad in game nor are there Woad's ingame and all of the questions pointed at her have been about ingame events, events related to old Ashe.

Clarification: Woad Ashe is based off the Pikt's from old britania who ruled northern britan during the roman occupation of Britan. So talkng to Woad Ashe would be a totally diffrent universe, in which Ashe would have been apart of Roman occuptation, and noting revolving around Valoran or Runterra.
I wouldn't really mind, so long as they were amicable OOC to the idea that I'd like to either keep the stories separated, or come up with a reason for dual-sona action. I don't really hang myself up on what other people want to RP, and I have a feeling a clone-sona might be more active than I can currently be.

As for Ashe, several people suggested Woad as an option for her to play the champion in this strange limbo time before the other Queen Ashe returns. I'm quite aware where Woad comes from, and why it, like most skins, is non-cannon. So is Broloaf, but no one seems to mind that.

Katárina

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Maven View Post
I don't really see where how long you've been here fits into that, though. I was a part of the official RPs Shruelia ran back before she changed jobs, (albeit on a different account than this one!) and this wasn't really a situation we ran into then. Champions were roleplayed by Reds.

I think one of the inherent problems is there just aren't enough champions people want to play. Some of them are far better suited to RP than others. Maybe we'd see less trouble if there were more closed RP threads where people not part of the ask community could sign up for champions?
This would be a good idea, for RP threads which are CLOSED and have SIGN UP's in which they can sign up for a champioin and RP that champion in that one thread. That way anything OUTSIDE of that CLOSED RP thread would not bother the Ask Champion rping with the rest of the community. Additoinally, is the Ash champion wanted to join that thread as their champioin they'd be SoL. But if they signed up for it first well then.. by all means they can RP their champion.

Sadly though, most RP threads are OPEN RP, and in an OPEN RP, priority of a champion is generally given to that champion doing the Ask thread.

So I would suggest people make more closed RP's with sign-ups, to lessen confussion between fluxuating RP's and the people who want to play a champion... or you can just wait to grab the champion when it is up for grabs. As is, Ashe was mistakingly placed on the inactive portion of this thread, and the person who went to grab her, did not give the courtesy post in Ashe's thread asking for it, BEFORE making their smurf, nor did they give Ashe the few days she needed to respond to said post.

Ask The Maven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
This would be a good idea, for RP threads which are CLOSED and have SIGN UP's in which they can sign up for a champioin and RP that champion in that one thread. That way anything OUTSIDE of that CLOSED RP thread would not bother the Ask Champion rping with the rest of the community. Additoinally, is the Ash champion wanted to join that thread as their champioin they'd be SoL. But if they signed up for it first well then.. by all means they can RP their champion.

Sadly though, most RP threads are OPEN RP, and in an OPEN RP, priority of a champion is generally given to that champion doing the Ask thread.
I'd love to see more closed, sign up, story driven RP away from the sort of surreal setting of the 'asks.' Those sorts of RPs can outright branch off from LoL lore and do their own thing, because, well, a self contained story isn't expected to retcon with every new champion and lore tidbit.