The Ask Champion Compendium

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask The Rock

02-20-2013

...Wait so did you knock her up with your hammer or your......

Um...

Male Sexual Organ?

Phoenix Quinn

02-20-2013

Hammer.
But it doesn't matter now.

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Everyone... it's obvious we need a new Champion Compendium... Which is why, I am constructing one right now as we speak. Expect the thread up soon

Corrupted Sniper

02-20-2013

Like always, bumping my thread and checking up on everything that is going on.

FilFire

02-21-2013

Well, isn't this interesting to read.

Viktor leaves because when he tries to boss people around they refuse to cooperate, and then a lot of other people also run for it.

This makes me melancholic, which I dislike. It's amazing how many people believe that running away is better than actually trying to do something about it. And for those that claim they have tried to improve stuff, from what I have seen most of the time it boiled down to "Trying to make everybody else agree with what I personally think is the best". That does not work.

EDIT: To clarify I will give an example. On the market you find something you would like to buy. However you think the price is too much and try to bargain it down a bit with the shopkeeper. In a good trade both sides are satisfied with the result, meaning that you bargain it down enough that you at least find it acceptable, while the shopkeeper keeps the price high enough that he is satisfied with it. This means both sides need to accept that they won't get exactly what they want, and learn to be satisfied with what they can get. However what people here do is that the buyer calls a ridiculous low price, the shopkeeper refuses to lower it that far (or even at all), and they start yelling and insulting each other because both refuse to bend and neither knows when to be satisfied with less (although there are also cases where one does know when to be satisfied with less, only the other one wants so much that no reasonable person would give it). Then the buyer claims that the market is just horrible and goes to another one hoping that there they can get what they want giving only the absurdly low price they are prepared to pay for it.

Phoenix Quinn

02-21-2013

Another reason everybody left was because of the new RP forums that came up...

FilFire

02-21-2013

Yes, but if people weren't being annoyed by this fora more would just do both or not leave this one.

Although one reason that the other fora are considered better (besides it being all new and shiny, which everybody always loves) is the obvious reason that there are in fact moderators with actual power there, which means that when people are disagreeing and nobody can manage to solve the issue in a polite way the moderators can step in and say 'It's like this, deal with it'. This next part is going to sound pretty condescending, but I find that sound a bit like people don't want to learn how to solve issues and instead let somebody else do it for them because that's easier.

You know, on Schlock Mercenary they once talked about a similar problem, although in their case the start of the discussion was about whether dictatorship was directly evil or not. For those that want to read about it, page 1, page 2, page 3, and page 4 of the discussion. For those that don't know Schlock Mercenary, go read it. It's good stuff.

Edit: Yes, the discussion is not directly about the same subject, since it focuses on whether giving one person absolute power is a good idea, but it has some corresponding parts. Especially page 4 is easy to link to our situation.

Edit2: Now that I think about it, some background on the discussion might help: Credomar (the state discussed) was a state in which people tried out democracy, only for it to quickly go wrong. The dictator they're talking about is the A.I. who took control of the state to get rid of the reign of chaos and is currently the person in charge there.

Rosedrake

02-22-2013

oh dear, and here i am being intimidated by forum posting, after a few hours of research (reading random threads!) and stalking roarchat only to find... general chat. yes hello, i am here to join you in your roleplaying endeavours!

Also. Pardon me and my habit of ignoring proper capitalizing! I suppose I can try to blend in better. Here we go.

Anyways! I have five years of experience on roleplaying in the form of real time chatting and paragraph collaborating by sync.in, and I have come here to request enlightenment upon a particular subject of knowledge...

... Can I start an "Ask Aether Wing Kayle" thread? I do not see any askthreads emphasizing on the champions' alternate persona that is legendary skins, the only exception being Gentleman Cho'gath. Seeing that his classic skin form has no askthread...

Aether Wing Kayle supposedly hails from an alternate future, in which she had broked her wings and stuff, and returned to her homeworld to get a system upgrade...? Her lines sound very hammy, and her movements mechanical. Kayle is also my favorite champion.

And! Are there currently any realtime convos or chats that are still active for the roleplaying community?

(... My time zone is going to do me injustice, isn't it. I shall wait for any replies (if at all), and request apologies in advance for my tardiness in kind.)

Ask the Kumiho

02-22-2013

I think ^ that has been asked before. Generally, you ask the 'original' first (in your case, Kayle) as to whether or not its okay. Because then you have to deal with things like Champion clashing - what if you both RP in the same place, then it'll be like wow, double Kayle. Imagine the size of Morgana's aneurism if she sees both of you!

IDK, it's also about making sure your 'ask thread answers' don't clash. But I'm no expert on the dynamics of these forums. I say you should ask the Kayle RP'er (ask in her thread or try to get in touch with her some other way) and discuss stuff with her.

As for real time convos, you can login to the League of Legends client, and join the chatroom 'Sanctuary'. That's where some RPers hang out. I don't know if it's still active, as I haven't been there in a while but it should be. Hopefully this answers your questions somewhat. (:

Rosedrake

02-22-2013

Ahh! I must've missed it, perhaps four hundred pages back...

Haha, I wouldn't mind having twice the Kayles! I take joy in constructing scenarios in which she taunts Morgana. In a lighthearted manner.

Though, I shall now try to find the courage in order to do just that! Er, I mean. Ask the one who currently has the Kayle askthread. Yes.

Logging in now to check the chatroom. Thank you for taking the time to show me around a bit!