The Ask Champion Compendium

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask The Reaver

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
DmC is an abomination.

It doesn't LOOK like Devil May Cry.

It doesn't PLAY like Devil May Cry.

It doesn't even FEEL like Devil May Cry.

The gameplay, though good for a general "hack n' slash" game, is nowhere near the level of the original.

The characters are bland and/or excessively vulgar (Dante saying "f*ck" far too often). I never liked this game from the first TGS Teaser trailer, and I STILL don't. It's a mediocre game. If it manages to sell well on release despite the bad things about it then I will have lost the last shred of hope for humanity I had left.
Well... It IS a reboot... I mean aren't reboots MEANT to be different from its predecessor??

Take a look at the spider man reboot that came out not to long ago.

I mean I know it's best to tweak and not change, but I have hopes for this game, especially their interpretation of the DmC story.

Am I die hard fan for the game? No. In fact I just recently traded in my Xbox for the ps3. However I still have confidence in this. I mean the idea of their mechanics (devil mode being based on strong attacks that bring focus on single targeting and bringing enemies to the ground) to a angel mode (multiple targets and keeping enemies in the air). It's a cool idea that haven't been used before except for Viewtiful Joe (kind of/maybe/perhaps not/depends on the specifics I guess)

Chief Ex Magnus

12-05-2012

DMC is full of dem white boys. Yipes told me so.

Ask the Herald

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Reaver View Post
Well... It IS a reboot... I mean aren't reboots MEANT to be different from its predecessor??

Take a look at the spider man reboot that came out not to long ago.

I mean I know it's best to tweak and not change, but I have hopes for this game, especially their interpretation of the DmC story.

Am I die hard fan for the game? No. In fact I just recently traded in my Xbox for the ps3. However I still have confidence in this. I mean the idea of their mechanics (devil mode being based on strong attacks that bring focus on single targeting and bringing enemies to the ground) to a angel mode (multiple targets and keeping enemies in the air). It's a cool idea that haven't been used before except for Viewtiful Joe (kind of/maybe/perhaps not/depends on the specifics I guess)
That brings up another issue. The series didn't need a reboot. A franchise only needs a reboot when it's run out of material with which to continue on its current course. DMC was still going pretty strong with DMC4, which wasn't bad enough to warrant a reboot, introducing a new potential protagonist and setting the stage for another game with the final pre-credits scene.

The engine just ruins this game for fans of the original series. With the Unreal engine, Ninja Theory was unable to reach the same FPS and intensity of action that the original games were capable of. They severely dumbed down the combat, making it far too easy to build up your style, significantly reduced the damage that the guns deal, and the "modes" you mention were just cheaply inserted off-shoots of the stances from Ninja Theory's first game, Heavenly Sword.

Ultimately, DmC is a pale imitation of the original cult hit that is trying and failing to be like its predecessor while trying to attract edgy and disillusioned gamers. It's trite. And not even the humorous kind, just the pathetic kind that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. How anyone could be impressed with what's been presented in this game is beyond me, and I hope the game tanks so that Capcom will know that not all consumers are mindless drones that will surrender their money for trash (regardless of how decorated it is, it's trash).

Iron Ambássador

12-06-2012

Yay, arguments! Totally didn't miss this part of our forums when I was on my school trip :P

Speaking of which, half of our class got in the news. The parliament was in session talking about our war vets, and everyone agreed and gave the same speech. 7 times in Finnish, 7 times in Swedish. Our classmates got in the news feed, looking either asleep or about to fall asleep.

Who thought it was a good idea to combine: School kids, 5 AM wake up, politics, and the same speech 14 times?

Ask the Herald

12-06-2012

Not an argument.

Iron Ambássador

12-06-2012

Close enough ;P For my exhausted mind at least.

Dear Urgot

12-06-2012

Why nobody like Urgot?

:<

Scrubby Yum Yums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I heard Angel mode.

I'm... What? I'm confused.

Dear Urgot

12-06-2012

Dante is now half-angel and half-demon.

Sense = Gone

DearCorki

12-06-2012

Go ahead and take Corki off any list you may have.
I have him now.