2 v 1 custom game strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iateagoomba

07-18-2012

Im getting back from vacation on monday and my friends (each with half my total playtime) challenged me to a 2 v 1 custom. Any words of advice as far as strategy/champ select(ive been considering off tanks like noct wukong and jungles for added suprise ex ww or fidd)
Thanks - goomba

FaerellG

07-18-2012

What map?

iateagoomba

07-18-2012

Oh yeah its summoners rift blind pick

HonorableGeneral

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iateagoomba View Post
Oh yeah its summoners rift blind pick
Who are they picking? So far Jax or Olaf look really good, in my opinion. They both 2v1 insanely well (Jax a bit more due to his AOE CC, but Olaf has true damage) and they both can jungle.

If you're up against spell-casters, though, Jax is a BIG NO since you'll get wrecked by CC. Olaf is still good depending on who it is.

If you want fail-safe champions picking someone like Warwick with insane sustain is a good way to go. No real counter beyond lots of burst. Nocturne is not suggestible as late-game he REALLY falls-off without a good team and he can't 1v2 effectively if your friends do semi-decent.

iateagoomba

07-18-2012

Their picksare going to be ashe and eiher blitz or ziggs

DonMontana

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iateagoomba View Post
Their picksare going to be ashe and eiher blitz or ziggs
Honestly AP Yi is the way to go. His alpha strike hits like a truck and his heal channel makes him unkillable (literally). You can harass them down to 1/3 HP and then Alpha for a double kill easy. Normally he isn't the best option in regular games, but in a gimmick like this he works wonders.

FaerellG

07-18-2012

You need something that can push well otherwise they'll just out push you.
Something with decent mobility too otherwise you won't get to the locations to push.
Something that survive a 2v1 fight if needed.

I was watching this euro gamer called Athene do a 1v5 against 5 newbies. It's really difficult, but he managed to win. His advise was "strong dueler, high mobilty"
He picked Ryze because ryze is tanky and has great dueling capability. So he picked up boots of mobility and teleport to compensate for the lack of natural mobility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxThQKe4yzI

But yeah, long story short:
Pack mobility on a strong dueling champion.

iateagoomba

07-18-2012

That sounds like hecarim ^

Boomerang69

07-19-2012

akali kills just about anything ... and olaf with the right build can R and kill ashe then kill blitz.. or ziggs whatever.

Yaomon

07-19-2012

Heimerdinger because turrets.
But seriously I think you should go AP Yi.