Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir -> How to destroy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFERx

09-07-2010

Quote:
joshiez:
Fixed that for you.

Prioritizing BB can often get you 2 kills before level 8

Thats where more people fail with Sivir.
I dont know what noobs u play with but sivir BB is one of the easiest skills to dodge.
I am an average player (1400-1500 rating) and it is very easy to tell when you are going to BB. I usually use it on team fights where is harder to dodge a skillshot or when 1v1 with a champ or to last hit a fleeing champ.
You need to know sivirs role in the game and that is pushing towers and supporting, with rico i usually get tower mid by 8-10 min and thats a very good xp and gold boost for the team.
If you want a champ that can get a lot of kills you need to get someone else or keep playing at low elo where you can BB
noobs early game

PS. Sorry for bad english =D.

Eppa

09-07-2010

Some stuff thats pretty terrible in general, 9 points in utility and getting greed.
Not arpen marks (I think can't really remember the names).
No escape summoner spell.

Eppa

09-07-2010

Quote:
xFERx:
Thats where more people fail with Sivir.
I dont know what noobs u play with but sivir BB is one of the easiest skills to dodge.
I am an average player (1400-1500 rating) and it is very easy to tell when you are going to BB. I usually use it on team fights where is harder to dodge a skillshot or when 1v1 with a champ or to last hit a fleeing champ.
You need to know sivirs role in the game and that is pushing towers and supporting, with rico i usually get tower mid by 8-10 min and thats a very good xp and gold boost for the team.
If you want a champ that can get a lot of kills you need to get someone else or keep playing at low elo where you can BB
noobs early game

PS. Sorry for bad english =D.

BB stop people from killing you. As sivir this is #1 in priorities.

xFERx

09-07-2010

What u want to do early game as sivir is farm, cause she is very item dependant.
Spell shield help u to avoid ganks and rico helps u farm a lot better than BB and wont let you oom in 2 min.
Just my opinion as a player with over 150 wins with Sivir, but I respect your opinions.

EDIT: All my opinions are assuming u take mid. If u are going to lane just dont take Sivir, she just sucks at laning. =D

joshiez

09-07-2010

Quote:
xFERx:
it is very easy to tell when you are going to BB

THAT is (one of the many ways) where Sivirs fail. If you're properly juking around and faking out the enemy champ, they'll have NO idea when you're about to BB. If you wait for them to start a cast, then hit them with 'just the tip' of your BB, it'll almost appear as one hit, and half their health will dissapear. Fake them out again and they'll start getting paranoid about your BB. It's a very effective XP/gold denial tool as well as scoring early kills. And you can still use BB to farm minion kills. Ricochet is just NOT that powerful at wiping out minion waves until late-game...

I used to max ricochet first as well. Then I tried prioritizing BB on a whim... Try it, you'll like it.

.josh

xFERx

09-07-2010

I have try it before, actually that was how I used to play sivir and in my opinion it is only useful if you are not playing against good players.
I actually focus on farming and getting a tower fast so for my playstyle leveling rico first helps a lot. I can safely farm by hitting the minion closest to my tower, compensating from my poor range and with rico hitting the complete wave and the champ if he tries to last hit.
Also I dont buy any AP items so my BB doesnt benefit from my items, that is also a big + for leveling rico first. Also if u try to farm with BB you will get oom pretty fast.
And I stand to my point that BB is one of the easiest skill shots to dodge, but in the end I guess it depends on ur playstyle, i prefer to be support not minding too much on getting kills, and late game after all my farm I can really start getting kills.

If im forced to lane, I will definitely prioritize BB first because in order to rico to be effective you need it to be at least lvl 3 and mid u get to that point fast.

Just my opinion and again sorry for the bad english

Slide

09-07-2010

Meh I covered all of this already. Dont feel the need to do it again.

Some of it is wrong, most of it is bad.

Some people are in the process of telling you why so Ill leave it to them.