Sivir -> How to destroy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aimewow

09-06-2010

Ok, first off, this is my first guide, so tips on what I could do would be helpful.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******

This entire guide comes from someone with over 125 games as Sivir. Everything is based around a mid Sivir. Will not be as effective (by far) on side lanes.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******

I've been hearing alot of talk recently about how Sivir is slowly becoming underpowered. I thought the same up until recently to, which is when I found this build.

Runes: Greater Mark of Strength - More physical damage.
Greater Seal of Alacrity - This build needs Sivir's ricochet to be shot at a speed of at least 2 per second, these help.
Greater Seal of Celerity - These help you cast Spell Shield more often.
For Quintessences, go 2 Alacrity and one Swiftness. This helps with her escape/chasing and attack speed.

Masteries:
3/3 Deadliness
1/3 Archmage's Savvy
4/4 Sorcery
4/4 Alacrity
3/3 Sunder
2/2 Offensive Master
3/3 Brute Force
1/1 Havoc
3/3 Good Hands
1/3 Perseverance
4/4 Awareness
1/1 Greed

These talents help with Sivirs damage potential, yet also help with her gold and experience, because you want to level up your abilities as fast as possible, especially if you aren't mid.

Spells:

Heal - Self explanatory.

Clarity: You WILL be mana starved, get this as all money will go to items.

Items:

This guide focuses on 2 items. Bloodthirster and Warmog's.

All six items:

Bloodthirster
Zerker Boots
Madreds
Last Whisper
Zeal (Phantom Dancer if enough time/ money at the end)
Warmog's

Early Game:

Early Game, get the Vamparic Scepter. With your runes and masteries, this should keep you at a good health level with ricochet. Next, get Zerker boots. Depending on how your doing, get Last Whisper. If your having trouble, get a BF sword and upgrade to the Bloodthirster.

Skill wise, get 3 points in richochet, 2 in Spell Shield and her Ultimate.

Mid Game:

By now you should be doing a good deal of damage, but you might be having trouble keeping your health up. Get a Last Whisper if you haven't done so already. Now you should have decent attack speed to farm effectively. It is at this point you should start farming for Warmog's. With the combination of Warmog's health and regeneration and bloodthirster's damage and life steal, you should be able to survive a fair bit longer than normal.

In this part of the game, focus on maxing out Boomerang Blade and use it to harass. If your having trouble against a caster, add another point into spell shield.

Late Game:

Late game try and get Madreds as soon as possible. You should now be able to kill many squishy's, ad deal decent damage to a tank. You will be great in a team fight for the damage ricochet will do to each person. If your attacking a turret, you don't even have to worry about minions anymore.

If your game continues on alot longer from this point, get and Zeal and upgrade it to a Phantom Dance. Past that, just help out.

Skills here should be maxing out Spell Shield before finally finishing Ricochet.

Note: Early game, 3 points in Ricochet will be able to harass well and at less mana than Boomerang Blade. Plus it helps last hit creeps and clear out waves way more effectively than 2 points.

Thank you and I hope this brings you as much success as it has brought me.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******
You build Warmog's because normally Sivir has terrible survivabilty. Late game because it's at this time where sivirs farming can gain the effects in significantly less time than other champs.

This Guide isn't about AURA Sivir, it's about doing enough DPS to the entire team that your team can finish them off, all while being able to down tower's withing seconds at level 7 without her Ultimate.

I know Ricochet doesn't proc Lifesteal on consecutive hits, that's why speed is important.With the addition of madreds and assuming you've been able to gain a few stack's of Bloodthirster, you should be able to take down a tank.

With level 3 Ricochet, you should be doing enough damage passively to the enemy champion that you will be able to get mid down within 10 minutes (even if facing a good player). Depending on the rest of the team, you'll be able to get second mid down by 15.

Rally used to be included, but not really advised.

fokaL

09-06-2010

she doesnt need clarity..
with meki early game is good 2 go
with chalice always on bouncing blades will still regen u mana more than u consume lol

Aimewow

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokaL View Post
she doesnt need clarity..
with meki early game is good 2 go
with chalice always on bouncing blades will still regen u mana more than u consume lol
But she doesn't need regen late game if using Ricochet. The only time she needs it is if you spam BB. That's why it's not a needed item.

Morsilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

meki is **** if u spam your BB, i use clarity also to keep up with the support role and so i am able to spam bb to keep the enemy mid away from creeps.

joshiez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

/sigh

I swear, I'm not trying to be a jerk... But honestly, your build seems like it's based on a complete misunderstanding of game mechanics and Sivir's role in a team. What is this, free Sivir week?

Rally isn't even close to worth taking anymore, zerker boots suck, and... Zeal/PD? Really?

Mogri's guide here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=71506 is still the best guide I've seen, even though it's been outdated for some time.

.josh

Shinslammer

09-07-2010

ricochet doesn't proc lifesteal. There is more wrong with this guide, but that's all I'm pointing out.

xFERx

09-07-2010

I think is a good guide. I used to main Sivir and most guides focus on leveling Boomerang when ricochet is much better harrass early game. I also use clarity and its very good on her because you dont spend on mana regen items.
Will try this guide, never bought wrmog for her, usually go with the standard Starks>Madreds>Black Cleaver but will try this tonight.
Only thing I really dont like is ur rune set up, dodge is just great on her because of her passive.
=D

GhostDieM

09-07-2010

1. Why would you build warmogs on Sivir? 0_o
2. Why would you build it late game where you can't use much of it's passive stacking?
3. If you want late game regen it's better to go FoN.
4. Etc etc.

joshiez

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFERx View Post
...focus on leveling Boomerang when ricochet is much better harrass early game if you can't aim a skillshot.
Fixed that for you.

Prioritizing BB can often get you 2 kills before level 8 if you're careful and know how to aim. Ricochet can't even come close to doing that.

Just saying.

DD DoubleDiamond

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiez View Post
Fixed that for you.

Prioritizing BB can often get you 2 kills before level 8 if you're careful and know how to aim. Ricochet can't even come close to doing that.

Just saying.
Assuming just as much that the enemy can't dodge a skillshot, or at least dodge the second hit.