Champion Spotlight: Twitch, the Plague Rat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranyx23

07-20-2012

So, how you guys doing?

This is literally my first post ever. I don't like to comment a lot, I rather just read the stuff and everything.

But this time I had no choice.

I was really looking forward to the Twitch buff. I've started playing LoL since January, and ever since, Twitch has been my favorite champion. I'm not a very good LoL player, I'll give you that, but with Twitch I managed to be something, to make a difference in my team. And don't try to come with this "low-level", "high-level" ****, I was always good with Twitch, since early levels, level 15, level 20, level 30. Even in ranked games I could do well, though I'm not really a ranked player.

And now most part of my fun is gone. Twitch is completely nerfed. He was already hard to play with, now you just made it impossible. 50 seconds to 8 is more than a nerf, it's a complete downgrade, it's bs, seriously. Expunge was always meant to be a powerfull weapon at early game, not so important later, since the burst from basic attacks were already enough. Now it's not a weapon at all, even dealing physical damage. And the new slow is just... useless. Twitch is a very fragile champion, with short range. The old slow provided both great escape and chase tools. Now having to aim the skill, combined with a reduced area of effect makes escaping much harder... and forget about chasing!

The only good change is the poison dealing true damage even after Expunge. But honestly, I would give up that right away for the old Twitch back.

Twitch's long stealth is what makes - or used to make - him Twitch. It's like Karthus' ult, Shen's ult, Blitz's pull. Without that he's just another AD carry. And a really, really bad one. I understand 50 seconds is a lot... But 8 seconds is ridiculous. Might as well take the stealth away and give him another skill.

Twitch was fine. He was a little hard to play, but all he ever really needed was a longer range. You could leave him just as squishy, or even reduce stealth time a little. But now he's far from fine. Far from playable. Far from fun.

I'm not gonna go all "ragequit like" and say "**** you all, I'm done playing LoL, bye bye."
I'm not going to stop playing the game. But from the majority of comments, you all can easily see how annoyed most of Twitch players are. Most of my fun playing the game is gone, cause you took away my main champion. I was even thinking about buying skins for him, something I don't really even care, but now there is no point in that.

Sorry for the long post, but it's mostly directed to the Riot guys, and hopefully they'll read. Or so they should, at least. And even if you're thinking "no way, we totally disagree, we're not gonna do anything at all, Twitch stays that way", at least come out here and say it to us all, Twitch lovers. Because, first: it shows us that we have nothing to hope for; and second: it shows that you care about the players a little. Or at least pretend to care.

H4y4t3 Ay4s4k1

Recruiter

07-20-2012

change 50 second stealth to 8 second..??
and reduce the attack speed bonus time..??
ok...
i will play twitch a lot!!!

SnaxALot

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranyx23 View Post
But 8 seconds is ridiculous. Might as well take the stealth away and give him another skill.
I must completely agree here, part of playing twitch was getting set up stealthily for a gank. Now the stealth isn't even of use till rank 3, maybe 4 minimum. I think if the stealth remains this short then the CD should be fixed and dropped a little bit more, that's part of what made twitch so tricky to catch was his ability to disappear.

Play a team with oracle/vision wards and you're truly useless. My reasoning behind this is as goes; Enemy Team has oracles, team fight builds up in mid - With stealth maxed you have 10 seconds for the fight to be initiated and main CDs to be spent, and you not get noticed. Now why do you only have 10 seconds? because you get 5 seconds of a 70% AS boost after coming out of stealth..

Honestly, that's my only real complaint. The new "slow" will take a little getting use to and the expunge isn't all that bad since it's still damage per stack of DV. People will agree/disagree, it's nature.. But take into consideration that 8-10 second stealth for Twitch is far from enough, especially when it has a 10 second CD.

Out of arguments sake, Try playing the new twitch and see what you think of this stealth at level 1, a whopping 4 seconds. That's not even enough time to run from a tower to the nearest bush in a lane.

Archonzilla

07-21-2012

I too am saddened by the change. My ai games are ok and my pvp games are downright hard and un-enjoyable. 1 second between stealth levels with level 5 still being shorter than the old level 1? Ouch.
It took me a long time to get good with him, now it's not worth it.
At least make it instant stealth. And please, more than 1 second in between levels. The cooldown has lengthened as well. ugh.
I don't mind the cask thing, although I do miss the instant aoe. Used that alot to get away. But being a backdoor tower killer really lost it's fun as well.
I feel i'm forced to run around with a tank all day long. The stealth really helped explore the map and be a strategic player.

zerapa

07-22-2012

I say remove stealth and put a new skill becaus is not worth it, before at least a lvl 1 stealth u could get behind someone to gank them, now u cant even get close w/o stealth runin out... Or just delet the champ and refund the skins. And it would be nice if one of the staff would say something.

Mntavist

07-22-2012

just one thing...

senatorwolf

07-22-2012

good job nerfing twitch to the point I'll never play him again. I've had and played him since he first released. Some nerfs on the original twitch were needed, but this is too far. I see more QQ threads on darius, than twitch ever, and instead you nerf twitch. Genius! I can still carry and do decent with him, but its not worth the hassle, when I can play a non-nerf'd champ and do better, with less effort.

KillerKal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

So I guess solo jungle twitch is forever done. :/

Thuderstrucker

07-22-2012

R.I.P Twitch u.u

R2lol

07-23-2012

R.I.P. Twitch