Champion Spotlight: Twitch, the Plague Rat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meru448

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunct View Post
Sounds like a majority buff overall for him. Sure, nerf by having his stealth last 8 seconds max so you can't stalk right behind someone long after a fight and picking them off when they recall without having oracles or Vision wards everywhere... Although that was fun..

Expunge not consuming stacks of deadly poison, venom cask adding stacks, and a few quality of life improvements, such as having Expunge scale with AD, longer attack range (albeit only by 50 units), and a move speed buff tossed into Ambush to make it more.. Of, well, an ambush, rather than near-unlimited stealth recon mode.

Also takes away some of the 100% reliance on stealth that Twitch has currently by making stealth more of sudden "I'm going to move up and attack NOW. >:l" thing rather than being an "I'm going to wait here for a minute until something else happens, then I might attack maybe."
a majority buff? sorry but no. more like a sidegrade.

Malfunct

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meru448 View Post
a majority buff? sorry but no. more like a sidegrade.
Well, here's my point of it being mostly a buff:
Ambush: With the bonus move speed, you aren't nearly as vulnerable when going to gank if they have vision wards. You'd be able to move into position faster to strike while striking right away, rather than slowly waddling in place assuming they can't see you. It's more of a Shaco-style of stealth, true, but Shaco's stealth works and his is on an even shorter duration.

Venom Cask: Adds deadly poison stacks, letting you get to max stacks faster for more expunge burst. It's less of an assist-o-matic super slow, but I usually use exhaust or something like frozen mallet or red buff on Twitch anyway.

Expunge: More damage because it starts scaling off AD, making straight AD runes more viable because it can add a sizable chunk to having more burst, ratio might seem small, but you still have to remember that it scales per stack. Also not having it remove deadly poison stacks means that you can expunge, without kicking yourself in the butt for expunging early because they were one or two deadly poison ticks away from death before they get out of your range far past turrets. Had too many times where someone would just barely escape because I hit Expunge before enough ticks from his passive kicked in.

Spray and Pray: Yeah, that's a 50-50 thing. It no longer has limited shots, which is a major plus once you get high attack speed, but does reduced damage when hitting multiple peeps, which is only meh since you'd be expunging them anyways for some respectable damage unless they all have high armor- (EDIT: Just realized they changed Expunge to do Physical damage, so only armor would effect it then). Also, allows for Twitch to pull a Master Yi on a turret, almost. Boosted damage+Range to be able to hit towers without being hit back, even without a minion wave, with enough attack speed and AD, will take chunks out of turrets before the ult is up.

Boosted attack range: You'd actually be able to shoot some people without being right under them. 550 is by no means Caitlin or Ashe range, but it is still a nice 10% range boost from what we had, letting us hit people from 850 units away during our ultimate.

Meru448

Recruiter

07-19-2012

• Attack Range increased to 550 from 500
    • Base Health increased to 389 from 356
    • Health per level increased to 81 from 78
    • Base Mana increased to 220 from 180
    • Mana per level increased to 40 from 35
    • Base Attack Damage reduced to 47 from 51.56
    • Attack Damage per level reduced to 3 from 3.3
    • Attack animation improved
  • Deadly Venom (Passive)
    • Damage reduced to 12/24/36/48 per stack from 15/30/45/60
  • Ambush
    • 60 Mana, 16 second Cooldown
    • After 1.25 seconds, Twitch becomes invisible for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds and gains 20% Movement Speed. Twitch gains 30/40/50/60/70% Attack Speed for 5 seconds after revealing himself
  • Venom Cask
    • 50 Mana, 13/12/11/10/9 second Cooldown
    • Twitch hurls a cask full of venom to target area that slows targets by 25/30/35/40/45% for 3 seconds and adds 2 stacks of Deadly Venom
  • Expunge
    • 70/75/80/85/90 Mana, 12/11/10/9/8 second Cooldown
    • Deals 20/35/50/65/80 plus 15/20/25/30/35 (+0.2 Ability Power) (+0.25 bonus Attack Damage) per stack of Deadly Venom as physical damage to all nearby enemies affected by Deadly Venom
    • No longer removes Deadly Venom stacks
  • Spray and Pray
    • 100/125/150 Mana, 120/110/100 second Cooldown
    • Twitch's basic attacks become powerful piercing bolts with 300 bonus range, and Twitch gains 20/28/36 Attack Damage. Each bolt deals 20% less damage to subsequent targets down to a minimum of 40% damage. Lasts 7 seconds.

Meru448

Recruiter

07-19-2012

300 bonus range on ult = range nerf on ult by 150 range, previously 1000 range, 550-300-> 850

AD nerf results in a loss of 4.56 initially, and an additional 5 ad by level 18. for a total of lets round to 9 AD lost not substantial you may say, but also not justified

Passive nerf is on the same scale as the AD nerf. but it adds up.

Ambush nerf is the biggest hit.
VEnom Cask effectiveness remains to be seen.
Expunge if you look at it, actually got nerfed pretty hard
this is old expunge
Deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+1) magic damage to each nearby poisoned enemy, plus 20/30/40/50/60 additional damage per stack of Deadly Venom applied to them.
S&P was mentioned first.

xposting

old expunge

Deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+1) magic damage to each nearby poisoned enemy, plus 20/30/40/50/60 additional damage per stack of Deadly Venom applied to them.

new expunge

• Deals 20/35/50/65/80 plus 15/20/25/30/35 (+0.2 Ability Power) (+0.25 bonus Attack Damage) per stack of Deadly Venom as physical damage to all nearby enemies affected by Deadly Venom
Looks like a nerf to me. even factoring in the scaling.

Edit - wow, that expunge nerf is actually brutal I was just guesstimating before but.

Assume you have 250 AD which is about a twitchs mid-game

New expunge is still absolutely terrible in comparison to old expunge.

old - 150 + 360 -> 510
new - 80 + 35(62) -> 662
62 comes from 250 ad (which you wont have until mid-late game) your also losing 9 ad due to the nerfs

Princz

07-19-2012

Wtf whyyyyyy? Was he too op? Why did you do this?

Malfunct

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meru448 View Post
Looks like a nerf to me. even factoring in the scaling.

Edit - wow, that expunge nerf is actually brutal I was just guesstimating before but.

Assume you have 250 AD which is about a twitchs mid-game

New expunge is still absolutely terrible in comparison to old expunge.

old - 150 + 360 -> 510
new - 80 + 35(62) -> 662
62 comes from 250 ad (which you wont have until mid-late game) your also losing 9 ad due to the nerfs
With only an IE and Bloodthirster, Expunge's damage would be about 608 at six stacks, which is also increased if you expunge while your ult is up, because yes, that bonus damage also effects Expunge.

The difference between the old and new expunge is, it actually is useful into late-game, unless you built the old Twitch with AP+Attack speed items just for the burst of expunge. lol

As for Ambush, you kinda have to think about it. Good team versus Twitch = You're going to deal with plenty of oracle elixirs and vision wards. It won't matter how long you maintain that stealth if they have a ward to see you coming and can easily pull back before your slow waddling can get close. With new Ambush's 20% move speed bonus, boots of mobility, and Ghost, can easily hit over 520 move speed to gank quickly. New ambush rewards aggressive Twitch players who have the knack for timing, where as old Ambush rewarded players to stay invisible as long as possible.

Venom cask is more solely for burst combos with Expunge, get more stacks sooner, which is invaluable early game when you don't have high attack speed, and even to get stacks on multiple targets before you have your ult or when it isn't available. You throw a cask, hit two champions, you just got four auto attacks worth of Deadly Venom stacks in one ability, in addition to the minor slow.

Who knows, might just be to raise the skill cap on Twitch and be slightly less punishing when teams buy wards and oracles.

constipatedghost

07-19-2012

twitch isn't good anymore
and is probably the worst op character now
maybe change back invisibility or the whole skill set
just saying lol

Cho Lo King

07-19-2012

We're not asking for the old 50 secs stealth, heck 30 secs now seems like a eternity; but 8 secs maxed out with a 16 sec cooldown, it's that a joke?
At least put 2 or 3 more secs on each rank please.

Scoutacus

07-19-2012

I don't know if i like this buff.
Twitch used to be one of the "high risk/high reward" champs and now it seems like he's just getting easier to play.
Reducing the learning curve gap on twitch players is nice to see but at the risk of making him less scary to see fed on the battlefield, which is honestly one of the most fun aspects to playing twitch, he's supposed to be a scary champ (IMO).
On another note i don't like the Malphite nerf, I love the Orianna buff, it's great to see Sona gettin' some love finally, and nerf Tryndamere please? reduce the amount of time that his Undying Rage lasts pretty please?
Aside from that great patch as always Riot!

Finally Free

07-19-2012

I find the suggested runes kinda bad