Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Twitch, the Plague Rat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nintura

07-18-2012

Dat invisible phantom dancer disguised as a prospectors blade

MzZzDEATHzZzM

07-18-2012

I dont know if you notice BUT twitch ambush got nerfed AS HELL

now the max time of stealth is 10 SEC..FROM 50
twitch players will not be able to scout now...OR waiting for the right time and place to attack(sometimes im waiting 20-30 sec just to find the right place to spray and pray..i cant do it now)
and the movment speed increase it worthless the duration was far better then the movment speed increase.(another - is that now you will not be able to ambush and ninja steal dragons,barons,and buffs becuase you'r stealth for 10 seconds.)

i agree debilitating poison wasent perfect but it was really useful-a full team AOE slow.
i escaped tons of times becuase of it and i saved my allies by doing it.

and about the spray and pray-it was strong but it does not matter becuase when the enemy team gets orcales it will be hard to find the right spot to attack(dont forget you got 10 seconds to find it-not 50) and even when you find the right place and time its still hard not to die by the enemy assasin who's searching you in the team fight.

the positive thing is that-we got AD scaling with expunge,base stats got buffed...and thats it..

thanks for reading it,i put some affort writing it and i hope it was useful.

note:
I'm sorry about my grammer,English isent my native language so consider it.

ilhavetoskip

07-18-2012

nice... i love the changes

DesertFox

07-18-2012

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

twitch players will not be able to scout now...OR waiting for the right time and place to attack(sometimes im waiting 20-30 sec just to find the right place to spray and pray..i cant do it now)
and the movment speed increase it worthless the duration was far better then the movment speed increase.(another - is that now you will not be able to ambush and ninja steal dragons,barons,and buffs becuase you'r stealth for 10 seconds.)

i agree debilitating poison wasent perfect but it was really useful-a full team AOE slow.

and about the spray and pray-it was strong but it does not matter becuase when the enemy team gets orcales it will be hard to find the right spot to attack(dont forget you got 10 seconds to find it-not 50) and even when you find the right place and time its still hard not to die by the enemy assasin who's searching you in the team fight.

the positive thing is that-we got AD scaling with expunge,base stats got buffed...and thats it..

thanks for reading it,i put some affort writing it and i hope it was useful.

note:

Noob

LeaveNub

07-18-2012

Quote:
xKozYx:
I don't get it, he's supposed to be "reworked" or "revamped", to me they just made him noob friendly and at the same time nerfed him hard.

Reduced stealth time is a huge nerf, I used to run around with oracles taking out wards and helping out my support in that sense, only having to worry about an oracles on the enemy team, so shrug..
Twitch's W used to work in aoe around twitch, so you'd hit it and slow everyone around not just a small area with a skill shot. Sure it adds two stacks of deadly venom, but really unless you're building AP twitch and need to get the stacks asap to pop expunge (which is just dumb btw) it's really a useless rework, and a hard nerf, any decent twitch could get in his 6 shots and pop expunge without needing to land a skill shot.
Spray and Pray twitch's ultimate was the late game bread and butter and absolute game winner, you hit R position yourself well, and destroy an enemy team, you didnt have to worry about targetting the tank since your ultimate would still hit their carries for full dmg. It was OP even, now with reduced dmg, you have to worry about positioning yourself to target their carries and skip the tank in order to get the full dmg benefit, something which is insanely tough with twitch since apart from being the squishiest ad carry, has no immediate escapes or positioning tools (like cait, graves, ez, vayne, *insert ad carry*) save for flash.

People cried about twitch because they didnt know how to play him, yet he was still played and destroyed late game in high ELO games. You take a hero with a high skill cap, nerf him to the ground, call it a rework, make him noob friendly, and expect a praise, shrug.

I'll try him out ofc, but so far I hate these changes, why nerf a champ that so little people played to begin with?
Level 2 twitch with an agressive support (read Leo, blitz, ali, etc) would destroy any conventional support/carry lane in an exchange, nobody realized his early dmg potential and the ability to just shut down a lane so early.

People talking and complaining saying "why give him true dmg on his passive?" IT WAS ALWAYS TRUE DMG, just shows how little people knew about the champ, and why a nerf is completely unnecessary, specially if they're already complaining about something he has always had.

ma Twitch..

Timekiller11

07-18-2012

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

Shaco got smaller sealth, he still do fine...

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

twitch players will not be able to scout now..

still works well, just save your sealth to escape if ennemy team founds you instead of running around sealth.

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

sometimes im waiting 20-30 sec just to find the right place to spray and pray

20 seconds in a team fight is REALLY LONG. no one should require that much time behing on standby, especially an "ad carry ish"

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

if you need 50 seconds to steal a dragon, you should probably get a ward there instead, gives your team decent visibility and allow your team to do a better job.

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

it still is an AOE slow, if you do it smart, you can combine with the speed buff and get out of any almost situations.

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

Seriously? twich could destroy all the carries in a team and let his team dealing with front-line tanks.

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

Agree

Quote:
MzZzDEATHzZzM:

your'e not alone (me too)

xChan

07-18-2012

Quote:
RoodHeavy:
ambush + recall combo. why???

Not sure if somebody got to this already, but.. This existed before the patch. And it was funny, and will remain funny.

It's also extremely useful.

Topéka

07-18-2012

"But, twitch cannot get away without killing him."

That sounds like a great retreat method! I should try that more instead of flashing over walls.

Curtis

07-18-2012

Hell yes

Utavon

07-18-2012

Phreak, you sound so upset that you had to kill Xin Zhao rather than escape....