The Twisted Treeline Nexus Obelisk (laser) needs a SERIOUS balance fix ASAP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aquilux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Not meant to be a qq thread, but this is a real balance issue. As stated in the title: I am tired of losing games because the right side of twisted treeline does not have a long enough laser range. People can walk right up to the inner circle without taking any damage whereas on the left side you can't even go on the bottom step without getting toasted. This is a huge balance issue and has affected literally hundreds of my games especially the ones involving singed, alistar, and other champ movers. Please fix this riot, i am truly disgusted that this has been an issue for years. It has been brought up multiple times and has never once been addressed. Please, please, please riot. I am one of the dedicated tt players as not many of my friends are ever on at the same time. We love to play, but when we lose a game simply because an enemy walks up and can attack you while you heal, it is utterly infuriating.

Please don't forget about tt, riot. It's fun with friends too and when one has less time to play and not enough friends for dominion. It seems like such a simple fix compared to balancing champs and all the other hard work you guys do. Please, for all of your sad fans who have been negatively affected by the unequal laser ranges, fix this issue which has been a problem since tt was born.

For anyone who took the time to read this: Thank you.

Boo

07-17-2012

they know about it and will try to fix it soon

BIackbirds

08-08-2012

This tactic really annoys me.
I am so sick to death of games being stalled to fourty minutes and beyond because it is literally impossible to end the game when a team does this.
If you take any AD ranged carry on this map, all you need to do is wait until the enemy pushes into your base. Then you can stand from complete safety on the steps of your fountain whilst not only farming wave after wave of super creeps, but also luring those creeps onto your fountain.
This means it's impossible for the enemy to take the last tower unless they decide to try and tank it, at which point if your team has any kind of CC you initiate on them and they all die.
This happens way too often, I feel like I'm taking a gamble whenever I play Twisted Treeline because I may end up stuck in a game for fifty minutes because of this cheap annoying tactic, whats more infuriating is that it's such a simple thing to fix and yet it still hasn't been fixed.
Either 1) Move the location of the final turret, fix the pathing of the minions, and reduce the range of the Nexus Obelisks within Twisted Treeline. Or 2) Move the fountain further back. Remake the map slightly, so that the fountain is now further back players have to go through a short corridor before reaching the steps.this will fix the problem as the steps will no longer be safe, a team could force the enemy to retreat onto their fountain and have enough time to destroy the final tower before the enemy has regained their health.

Boo

08-08-2012

don't take inhibs

nevaman

08-08-2012

Quote:
This tactic really annoys me.
I am so sick to death of games being stalled to fourty minutes and beyond because it is literally impossible to end the game when a team does this.
If you take any AD ranged carry on this map, all you need to do is wait until the enemy pushes into your base. Then you can stand from complete safety on the steps of your fountain whilst not only farming wave after wave of super creeps, but also luring those creeps onto your fountain.
This means it's impossible for the enemy to take the last tower unless they decide to try and tank it, at which point if your team has any kind of CC you initiate on them and they all die.
This happens way too often, I feel like I'm taking a gamble whenever I play Twisted Treeline because I may end up stuck in a game for fifty minutes because of this cheap annoying tactic, whats more infuriating is that it's such a simple thing to fix and yet it still hasn't been fixed.
Either 1) Move the location of the final turret, fix the pathing of the minions, and reduce the range of the Nexus Obelisks within Twisted Treeline. Or 2) Move the fountain further back. Remake the map slightly, so that the fountain is now further back players have to go through a short corridor before reaching the steps.this will fix the problem as the steps will no longer be safe, a team could force the enemy to retreat onto their fountain and have enough time to destroy the final tower before the enemy has regained their health.
a simple counter against turtling: DONT KILL THEIR INHIBITORS. they will have to come out of their base to farm, and if they're turtling, that probably means they're losing. you can farm freely out in the open, or kill the enemy when they come out to try to get some last hits. eventually you'll be farmed enough to push the inhibs and win.

Shadeykris

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaman View Post
a simple counter against turtling: DONT KILL THEIR INHIBITORS. they will have to come out of their base to farm, and if they're turtling, that probably means they're losing. you can farm freely out in the open, or kill the enemy when they come out to try to get some last hits. eventually you'll be farmed enough to push the inhibs and win.
Yes.

Vexinity

08-08-2012

I noticed this as well and it's rather annoying. I threw my ult as Gragas and knocked 2 enemy champs onto the out steps of the summoner platform (where they for sure would have been killed on the left side) and they just walked away like nothing happened.

BIackbirds

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevaman View Post
Last game I played this is how we tried to counter it, but the enemy (Ashe, Sona and Malphite) knew that if they did leave the base we'd kill them and finish the game. They didn't seem to care how much time they wasted and so they never once left the base regardless of how much we let the waves push, they just stood inside their base on the steps to the fountain waiting. The game lasted 49 minutes, it should have ended by about the 20 minute mark. This should not be able to happen, it is a serious design flaw in the map and it needs to be fixed.

exLupo

08-09-2012

I like TT but this is the reason I won't play it. Fun map but, until it's fixed, players should have the good grace to admit defeat when it's an obvious loss instead of dragging it out for everyone.