Critique My WW Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Embriaz

07-17-2012

I've been playing WW devotedly since I first started playing a few years ago, and have been playing with his build on and off to find what works well with my play style (not that I have one, cause I'm exploring that as well).

Currently my build is as follows: Elixir of Agility>Beserker's Greaves>Executioner's Calling>Wriggle's Lantern>Madred's Bloodrazor>Bloodthirster

Cost: 11,070

I've tried a LOT of other items like Spirits Visage, and wide array of boots, tried Black Cleaver, etc. So far, I like this build, but generally don't get to finish Blood Thirster, honestly.

I like to start with Elixir of Agility lately because it is goes so well with WW's natural life steal from Eternal Thirst, because it increases AS, along with Hunter's Call (which I always choose first). Thist helps me jungling early so I can explode through minions fast, getting me to lvls quicker and giving me the cash I need to build the Greaves quickly, too.

Beserker's greaves, obviously, being boots, help WW out run everyone. Paired with Blood scent makes him impossible to outrun anywhere. I LOVE this about WW and tried Boots of Swiftness, but I found I missed the incredible AS I had gotten used to.

Executioner's Calling and Bloodthirster grant lots of Life Steal, making WW really good 1v1 as long as he's not running away. I can come into a fight with low HP and leave it with full HP again. This allows me to recall less, as well, since I just need to jungle to heal up again, which helps my team and me, instead of taking precious seconds to recall.

Wriggle's Lantern also helps Life Steal, increases my damage, which is important for quick kills and hunting, armor, and of course, Sight Wards and a life saver in the jungle and counter jungling.

Bloodrazor is AS, AD, and armor, again.

How I play: I jungle some to start, but I find WW is too slow leveling if he stays there all game. It's best to assist a lane to lvl quickly so I can get strong enough to get buffs and solo the dragon, and eventually, solo the Baron, which I can do with this build, but only at lvl 17 with half of my Bloodthirster built.

I like to go Mid sometimes, cause 1v1 WW is amazing. He gets crazy fast mid game. As long as I have a bit of space, I can ult to trap an enemy, bringing their health low enough for Bloodscent to kick in, then outrun them and finish them every time while ALSO outrunning any ganking enemies if it backfires.

Suggestions are great. I will admit, I'm not a pro, but I'm open to critical advice. Thank you.

So, suggestions?

lCantGetNoSleep

07-17-2012

Longsword --> Wriggles
Boots are either tabi or treads depending on enemy team composition (A general rule is to almost never build greaves on melee champions, because since they're melee, they have to be in the middle of everything, and if you can't survive in the middle of everything, it's pointless to be building more offense).
Wit's End
Spirit Visage/Sunfire Cape/Frozen Heart/Bveil <--- Get some of these based on enemy team, I prefer Visage and Sunfire if no one on the enemy team is particularly fed.
Guardian's angel.

Never build a Madred's bloodrazor if you have berzerker greaves, you won't do enough damage since it's magic damage, and you don't have a lot of magic penetration. If you do want to build MBR, be sure to buy sorceror's shoes for the magic penetration, and also pick up a malady.

I really don't recommend MBR though, Wit's End essentially does the exact same thing as MBR in terms of cost-effectiveness, and also makes him a lot more tanky. And when you use your ultimate, you immediately get 4 stacks of magic resist on it.

Embriaz

07-17-2012

These sound really good, but could I get examples of enemy team scenarios to go for a specific item, or maybe why something works really well? What exactly would you say my build should look like? I've sort of been just trying every suggestion I get and switching entire builds in the last year to find something that really works for me. I want to be fast mid game: I find WW is a game changer at points when I see a lane falling behind. Running in and pulverizing an unaware enemy is soooo much fun. Especially hunting them down.

EatMyTracers

07-17-2012

I heard sorcerer's shoes are good on him. My friend builds those and he does very well.

Embriaz

07-17-2012

Any other suggestions? Details would be great.

Lizto

07-17-2012

Your build is VERY weak, surely you deal good damage and lifesteal alot but the second you get CCd you might as well go afk cause youre gonna be dead for the next 40 seconds.

If you want a good ww build try this:

1) Wriggles (Optional)
2) Merc Treds
3) Frozen Heart
4) Wits End
5) Frozen Mallet (Can be Trinity force if your following item is definitely gonna be a tanky item)
6) Situational ( could be Guardian Angel, Madreds Bloodrazor, Atmas, Warmogs, Thornmail, Maw of Malmortius, Bloodthirster, Force of Nature)

I say Wriggles is optional though I recommend it because some people dont get wriggles and just go straight for HoG then wits end if theyre jungling, and it actually works great.

With this build you get tanky, you deal good damage and heal for lots with your CDR, hitting your Q every few seconds, your ult will also be up much more often so you have alot more opportunities to catch people and then capitalise on such opportunities. This is the type of build you would see even at high elo (2.2k+ elo games) so even though you are just a newbie (Im assuming from your build and that you are a junior member), Id still recommend you trying that build, its great. Youll notice that maybe your autoattacks will not hurt as much, but you will deal tons of damage with your Q and you will be able to take alot more punishment before going down, you wont have-to-afk-for-the-next-40-seconds-because-you-got-cc'd.

immakillmyself

07-17-2012

its unique that you start w/ elixir of agility but there are many other items that you could start w/ that would also give you faster clears such as a longsword.

HeartlessXiao

07-18-2012

Your build is basically full offense on a melee champion that doesn't have exceptional scaling, gap-closing (outside of R), or natural beefiness. What happens if you're in the middle of a fight and you get CC'd? You basically die because you have no resistances, nor do you have access to the tankiness you get from lifesteal.

Drop Zerkers and Executioner's Calling. Executioners deals nearly no damage, and the lifesteal is rather excessive on WW. Mercs are infinitely better than Zerkers on a melee AA-reliant champion like WW (harder to kite+tankier-->more autoattacks-->more damage+ survivability from lifesteal). I'd say drop Elixir of Agility as well. It really delays your boots + wriggle's and its effects aren't that pronounced during early levels.

BT and MBR are rather situational items. MBR is sometimes a good 5th or 6th item for the extra damage late game, but it is very expensive. You might want BT in some cases as well, but I rarely find myself buying the item.

Add Frozen Heart (CDR, Armor, AS debuff, Mana for your small mana pool, almost everything WW would want). Add Wit's End (AS, on-hit damage, stacking MR boost, great overall item).

Spirit Visage, Frozen Mallet, Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil, and Guardian Angel are other items that I often see myself buying as WW. These are situational items that you should judge based on how the game is going (burst mages a problem? SV or BV are good choices. Need help sticking to a target? FM and Randuin's will help? Next fight decides the game? GA will be your friend)

PKMNTràinerRed

07-18-2012

merc treads phantom dancer 2 bloodthirsters warmogs and guardian angel with this you wont die much and have lots of sustain 1v1 or even 1v2

EatMyTracers

07-18-2012

So what about sorcerer's shoes? I know I already posted this but I know some people who swear by getting them. I want to know if it really is a good item for ww.