Champion Creation Splash Art: My Own and Fellow Summoners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarahBoom View Post
bump
But yeah, I am really getting the ball rolling for this next champ of mine.

My friend even has a contest going to get some new lines for her.

http://nhanfiction.com/2012/11/17/de...-contest-time/

FarahBoom

11-19-2012

bump

Souldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

I really like the student of shadow! He could be Zeds enemy or something like that ( a guy crossed between good and evil)
As for a name for him..... Axton?

FarahBoom

11-23-2012

bump

Taco the Dragon

11-23-2012

Do you think you can do a splash art of my champion idea? he is Sui, the Cryomancer. There is some artwork of him on the page.

Oceanian

11-24-2012

Hey Farah,
I read this thread a few months ago and honestly I never thought I would ever get around to making another champion idea/art. But once I was inspired to retry, I decided I would give it a go.

Now I create my champion idea, picked out the pros and cons then improved the pros and fixed the cons. I managed to create the champions abilities, how he would be played, the damage output, his purpose in the current meta, etc. But I forgot to think of was the art for him.

This thought postponed me, in the sense that I was startled to have gone this far and forgot about the art itself. Staring depressingly at the concept board, I felt as if my work was worth nothing. Then I saw your thread again. I opened the page, viewed every single artwork and honestly it made me feel as if I could whip up something.

I was wondering if you could give your opinions on my champion? Well the artwork itself, I've only made the platebody and the ability icons. A friend also drew a concept art of the full figure, however I feel I would not be able to present what I expect to. Do you think you could help me with this? I've bookmarked this thread, so if you can I very much thank you.

My work: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8&d=1353703523
Wulffe's concept art: http://s1206.beta.photobucket.com/us...dOwen.jpg.html

P.S. It was my first time ever doing something art related.

FarahBoom

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrullia View Post
Hey Farah,
I read this thread a few months ago and honestly I never thought I would ever get around to making another champion idea/art. But once I was inspired to retry, I decided I would give it a go.

Now I create my champion idea, picked out the pros and cons then improved the pros and fixed the cons. I managed to create the champions abilities, how he would be played, the damage output, his purpose in the current meta, etc. But I forgot to think of was the art for him.

This thought postponed me, in the sense that I was startled to have gone this far and forgot about the art itself. Staring depressingly at the concept board, I felt as if my work was worth nothing. Then I saw your thread again. I opened the page, viewed every single artwork and honestly it made me feel as if I could whip up something.

I was wondering if you could give your opinions on my champion? Well the artwork itself, I've only made the platebody and the ability icons. A friend also drew a concept art of the full figure, however I feel I would not be able to present what I expect to. Do you think you could help me with this? I've bookmarked this thread, so if you can I very much thank you.

My work: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8&d=1353703523
Wulffe's concept art: http://s1206.beta.photobucket.com/us...dOwen.jpg.html

P.S. It was my first time ever doing something art related.
Hey there,

Sure, i'd be happy to give you a hand. I am pretty busy as of late but i can do what i can to give you a hand. Your champs idea is good, as far as the design though, he made need some re-designing. A very important part of a character is that a person should be able to understand everything about who they are when you look at them. For example, you look at Irelia, she has battle armor that is consistent throughout and floating blades that are guided by her hand, and you can clearly see that when you see irelia.

When i see this design, there are alot of interesting ideas here and there, but they are not communicating who he is, for example, he has a shoulder pad that seems of ice but he is not ice based, he has an angel and demon wing yet has no abilities or justification as to really why he would have this along with his weapons. For example, perhaps he had just the spear and it would resonate with a different wing if he shifts to a dark wing or a light wing, These are just my artistic opinions of course but feel free to converse with me some more and we can hammer your champion out

Lord Kyleshorse

11-24-2012

Hey Farah. What have you been up to?

FarahBoom

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kyleshorse View Post
Hey Farah. What have you been up to?
Hey man,

Nothing huge, struggling to make ends meet, to find models, and get work done. lol

Oceanian

11-24-2012

I'll add you in game then, thank you XD.