Let's talk AP Nidalee Runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Le Shirrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

I want to talk about Nidalee and Marks of Destruction.

To analyse the Marks of Destruction, they give both;
+9 Armour Penetration
and
+5.13 Magic Penetration

And the flat variants of each rune give;
+15 Armour Penetration
OR
+8.5 Magic Penetration
(assuming 9 runes in each case)

That means that the split marks give only 6 less ArPen and 3.37 less MPen. Now, on to Nidalee. Nidalee, as we know, is a very strong AD top-laner. However, her top lane is also very strong with an AP build. AP Nidalee is pretty weak early game, since you need a few ranks in Javelin Toss before it becomes Mana-to-Damage efficient. So, how about this for AP. You are running top, but early game, despite your AP build, you will be doing mainly physical damage early game. You autoattacks are physical, and your Javelins will be few and far between. So, early game, MPen runes are pretty poor.

So, why not try grabbing the Destruction Marks? You still get tasty MPen, but you also get a nice chunk of ArPen for your early game. In addition, this gives a bit more damage from your Takedown, since you won't be grabbing AD and ArPen.

What's everyones thoughts on this? A runepage of 9 Marks of Desolation, 9 armour seals, 9 mres/18 glyphs and 3 movespeed quints should work well. It also enables you to start with Cloth+5 or Doran's Ring at the start, since you won't need the movespeed from boots - just abuse passive and masteries/runes. The damage output will be increased all game, since you can grab a delicious Haunting Guise reasonably soon for massive damage.

Thanks for reading!

Le Shirrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

I'll just drop a little bump here. ^w^

Le Shirrif

07-18-2012

No-one has an opinion. Accursed slow Guides & Strategy forum!

BlackLancer

07-18-2012

I use a Hybrid Mid Page.

Always go for the Hybrid Red's they are just so effective. Mana regen yellows with scaling AP glyphs and move speed quints. AP nid mid RULES!!! add me if u need more tips I'm a top tier AP nid