Purple Team Handicap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FusionMetroid

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmagician60 View Post
roit your all about fair right? right?!. well there is a balance problem with between blue & purple teams... on the purple team, Mid and Bot lane you can't see ****, know why? cause the interface is in the way. "try making smaller" you say? well first of all smallest size you can't read it, 2nd even then you still can't see the max range for skillshots, or long range AoE, (Ex, Kog'maw & Xerath) "unlock the camera" and playing having to move the camera is also a handicap, that's why i hate Dota. if someone can tell me how to take a screen shot in LoL, i will post pic of what i mean.

and roit it's not hard to fix, just let the camera zoom out more.
I agree with the OP. The slant on the camera angle when playing on purple team is annoying even when you unlock the camera. I feel like I have a much bigger advantage when playing on the blue side, and am a lot more comfortable in my play style while playing on blue team. If Riot can make it so the camera can be flipped when playing on purple team it would solve the problem becuase the slant would be smaller towards your base so you can see more in front of you instead of behind you.

A1337username

Recruiter

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
I personally don't have any issue with my teammates using locked camera. What I do have an issue with is when they complain that it gives them a disadvantage (refer to my original post on page 1).

If you're going to play tennis, it's fine if you can only hit it forehand if you can get to the ball fast enough. You're going to have to work harder, but we can all still play and enjoy the game, even in doubles. But you are NOT allowed to complain and moan that you are at a disadvantage. If you play the game the way you play it, fine - BUT DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES. You can't complain about something and do nothing to remedy the issue. It's like a fat girl complaining about being fat while eating ice cream.
And thus Feminism was born.

first time Vayne

10-31-2012

What a useless conversation...

Everyone, play 5 bot games with camera unlocked. You'll prefer it once you're used to it. It's not nearly as hard as it seems. And you don't always have to have your champ in the middle of your screen, as some of you seem to assume/prefer. In fact, it's better not to in many situations.

Increase your mouse sensitivity and try it out some. It really is a new level of freedom and awareness of your surroundings. Good luck.

buddynickles

11-06-2012

blue team is OP. They have the angular advantage over the purple team. Take notice to how many times you lose on each side. You will notice that blue team wins alot more. I been keeping track for a while and blue team definitely wins more games. I watch mlg, streams, played games, watch games and blue team with out a doubt wins more. This is because its easier to gank for and get baron. They get better positioning near objectives. Also purple team minions push harder for what ever reason. This means that you are even more open for ganks. End game you also lose cs because you dont want to risk going so far out for cs. Also its quite obvious that blue team gets the baron advantage.

P.S. i play with the camera unlocked purple team is still not as good as blue team and of discussion. Riot needs to make it balanced with no question.

Dotayy

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmagician60 View Post
cause it's easier you do 2 things at once instead 3, and if i want to see further then my screen. like if my team mate needs help, or see jungle is coming down river by ward i will use the mini-map thats what it's there for.
Do you play ranked in locked?

Kiwisaur

11-06-2012

Keep it unlocked and press "spacebar" to lock in some situations o_o

Edgar AIIan Pro

11-06-2012

I play locked and do pretty well....i unlock it to check up on my teammates or to watch a teamfight as I close in...it only hinders me if I'm pushed to my tower bottom lane, but I just make sure the lane doesn't get pushed...The reason I like locked is because in a teamfight it's a lot easier to have your character always in the middle of the screen so you don't get lost. I also smartcast, so having it locked makes it so I don't have to constantly move the screen with my cursor, which I'm aiming with...It's all personal preference and they both have their pros and cons..it's just how I've always played

DarkInfinium

11-12-2012

I play with a locked camera all the time. To all of you people who say unlocked camera is the best, have you taken into consideration that someone has already tried to play with unlocked camerq and don't like it? Again, i play with locked camera because i like to focus on my skill shots, not the camera. The HUD is always in the way when i play. The camera tilt is in favor of the blue team. I play Ahri all the time and it is really hard to focus on midding when i am getting skillshots thrown at me from a champ i can't see. I can't even see the end of my skillshot's range! The purple team's vision is much decreased than blue team's.

Kayxz

11-12-2012

had to login on my school's computer just to down vote this stupid argument.

XSYST3M4TICX

11-13-2012

[QUOTE=lightmagician60;27051695]roit your all about fair right? right?!. well there is a balance problem with between blue