Purple Team Handicap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Bro, logic has been used in this thread and it has been refuted by "your" side of the arguement.

If you don't like the fact that you can't see part of the screen/lane on purple, use unlocked. If you choose not to, do not complain. That is all I have ever said. There may have been various versions, and I may have said he is stubborn because he refutes pure logic, but it's there plain and simple. Do not handicap yourself and blame others.

Discket

07-17-2012

People play with locked cameras? lol.

Space bar op.

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Yeah... And this guy said I missed the point exactly when I said Riot should let you invert the map since the map is identical -.-. Meaning it should let you look at if you're playing on blue team ( bottom left team), but nope he doesn't care for the idea. The HUD wouldn't be in the way if that happened... And by his first post and HUD he means te health and mana and settings.... So yeah... My idea would work for his case/problem

People don't know what the HUD or problem he is taking about... Imagine having your HP/MP/ Champion picture on the top instead of bottom when you're on purple... That would make the game fair and fix the problem... But ugly.... (just an idea) Now imagine not having the mana bar and go bar and champion pic and options/stuff on the bottom.. You'd have a huger screen which is like getting rid of the HUD and fixing the problem... Blue team doesn't have to bother, but purple team has less space because of it... It's not because of locked on purple team... It's the purple team in general with the HUD

immakillmyself

07-17-2012

who the **** plays with a locked camera?

lightmagician60

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBlade View Post
"unlocking the camera is a handicap"

Okay. Didn't need to move it to ashe, draven, or ezreal ult effectively at all. I mean, It's a SKILL shot for a reason amiright?
In all seriousness. You're a silly person. You NEED to unlock your camera every so often to play this game to any effectiveness doesn't matter what champ you're playing.
But if you find it too hard, I find binding "lock/unlock camera" to mouse 3 or something else easily reached to be a band-aide for this gruesomely bad habit.
i'm not repeating my self i've answered that already

Danish Vikingz

07-18-2012

Perfectly stated on the first page. It ain't the purple side which got a handicap. It is YOU.

Unlocking your camera, should be the first thing done ever.. Then you can start getting better at other stuff.

KnightxSScarlett

07-18-2012

Have you ever seen a high elo stream where the camera was locked the entire game? I highly doubt it

Cherbui

07-18-2012

Playing with the camera locked would be like playing WoW with the camera in first person mode....just hinders you so much.

Learn to play with it unlocked, it isn't difficult and it will make you better.

MartinHarrisV

07-18-2012

You're the one handicapped, unlocked camera is there as a tool to make better plays, basically to play better, lets see this simple pro paint draw as an example of why it's better to play with unlocked camera.

On both pics we have the same situation, a teamfight started in mid, you're the ranged carry (AP AD whatever).

In A), with locked camera you can only see much (in before telling me I'm proving your point, same thing can happen being on the other side), the only 2 enemies on range are probably tanks or tanky DPSers, basically not desirable kill targets, their carries are in the back as they should, and if you want to get to them you'll have to expose yourself to get picked (because you lacked vision)

In B), with unlocked camera, you have a full view of what's going on, you can set up your kills from distance, and get a better position in case they try to escape.

I used to play with locked camera when I started playing, was new to the game and also was told by my friends to stop using it and go unlocked, took me some games to adapt but it was worth it, the more variables a game has it means you have more chances to get BETTER at the game, just imagine how dull will be any other game such as SC2 if the game had locked cameras everytime you selected an unit.

Edit: This is just an example if the teamfight is placed like that(up vs down), you will still be "handicapped" if the fight was started on the sides of your screen (left vs right like in TT).

Shinako

07-18-2012

Unlocked camera gives you better map awareness. Simple as that.