Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Purple Team Handicap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

07-17-2012

Nothing to improve.

lightmagician60

07-17-2012

Quote:
Quick Rawr:
Nothing to improve.

theres 3 choices
1) it stays the way it is, and people have to do an extra unnecessary thing
2) you play without camera lock and are blind mid & bot on purple team
3) it gets fixed.

and if theres "nothing to improve" why are half of these forums here?
everyone seeks to improve it's human nature.

Quick Rawr

07-17-2012

1) It stays the same and people have the opportunity of MORE MAP AWARENESS, more ability to place their character EXACTLY where they want it to be.
2) You play without camera lock and now have the ability to play any position, and enjoy either team since you have the same field of vision
3) Nothing to fix in this regard. Camera lock option is there for people like you. If you don't like the feature, they've already made another "improved" idea, it's called unlocked camera, try it out.

Pr0jectseph

07-17-2012

Riot understands it's a slight disadvantage.

That's why in competitions they flip the coin (or ask) and each match of a "best of three" they switch which side you play on.

Hyliades

07-17-2012

Quote:
lightmagician60:
why should i be consequenced for player choice?

in LoL you attack and move, 2 things. however moving the camera makes 3 things
and moving the camera added a 3rd thing your doing also braking the comparison

well, got something that will everyone happy and riot can easily implement:
how about tweaking the game from 3 to only 1 thing?
just moving!
your champion attacks automatically and your skills will auto aim and prioritize champions.
will make everything easier for the player and help them?
why should there be consequences for the players if they cant aim?

Pesmergas

07-17-2012

TS, When I first started playing the game, I hated the unlocked camera as well, my friends who got me into the game suggested I use it. I used the same excuses as you are... but I started to realize I was being hit by targets i couldn't see below or above me because my camera was locked, so dodgine them became impossible. After playing 7-10 games unlocked, I got used to it, my game play improved, and see alot more of the game and what is going on because of this.

Continue to play locked, your gonna cost your team wins when you get higher levels because your not gonna be seeing the stuff they see... the minimap is only a tool to HELP you, not carry you.

Lizto

07-17-2012

who the hell plays with locked camera? oh wait.

I guess cause most of the games I played on the computer had unlocked camera, but locked camera always felt weird to me on this game, the moment the beginners tutorial showed me how to change it.. I was like AHH much better, I might like this game now.

Lajinn5

07-17-2012

Quote:
Scenvresh:
I don't know quite how to say this, so I'll be blunt. Every good player out there, plays with the camera unlocked. Maybe instead of complaining about how hard life is because you're bad at a game, you maybe try a little harder to do what works?

only an idiot thinks like you, i've seen good players with camera locked, just because some play unlocked doesn't mean everyone does, an unlocked camera has its downsides as well, a locked camera lets you focus completely on yourself and its easier to dodge. Only the bad players think that their way is the only way, both have advantages, both have disadvantages

Cryptwatcher

07-17-2012

You're all kidding me right? It's either people say "I agree" Or "l2p cause locked is nub"
Well you all insulting us who like the locked cam are.... well I can't say it here but less than par with intelligence. What would be the harm of adding a flip map option? Ever think that maybe it won't have ANY effect to you "Leet" players. So be quiet, and let those who play differently have a bone. I'm in favour of a map flip option.

Again, telling me to learn to play unlocked won't accomplish anything you troll's behind.

SovietBlade

07-17-2012

"unlocking the camera is a handicap"

Okay. Didn't need to move it to ashe, draven, or ezreal ult effectively at all. I mean, It's a SKILL shot for a reason amiright?
In all seriousness. You're a silly person. You NEED to unlock your camera every so often to play this game to any effectiveness doesn't matter what champ you're playing.
But if you find it too hard, I find binding "lock/unlock camera" to mouse 3 or something else easily reached to be a band-aide for this gruesomely bad habit.