Talon Ult Questions. Thresh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

08-28-2013

I bought talon and I really like him as a jungler. His clears are really strong and his ganks are similar to Zed pre-6. I just am having trouble when it comes to using his ult in conjunction with his other abilities.

1) I'm not 100% sure how the ult works, but I'm assuming stealth breaks once you attack something. So, can I use my ult, run at someone, and E into them to draw all of my daggers into them for max damage?

2) Very technical question so I'll lay out steps:
a) Enemies are grouped in a line say like this: X X A X X (lets assume it's 100% straight)
b) I'm on one side of this line.
c) I start my ult on the right hand side of the line and E into the middle of the line marked A.
d) I flash to the other side of the line all the way to the left.
Will my daggers follow me all the way through all the targets and damage them if I can gap close myself fast enough through these targets?

3) Similar to #2. Can I start my ult outside of a team fight, have a Thresh throw me a lantern, reactivate the ult so the daggers close into me, and as they're closing in I grab a thresh lantern and have the daggers chase me as I'm flying through an enemy team comp?

I'm just trying to see how creative I can be with this ult because I think jungle talon has a crazy amount of potential against the right team comps.

Thanks in advance for answering.

JungHai0

08-28-2013

Yes to everything. You will probably want to do those kewl strats with a friend, as you probably won't have as much coordination with a random person.

125gas2

08-28-2013

no point being creative lol,
ult is usually just to finish your burst, escape after your burst/escape in general, and sometimes to chase an enemy, there is no "max" damage, theres only 2 instances of damage, one going out and the other going back in

JungHai0

08-29-2013

Actually nevermind. I derped. gas is right, you can only damage once going out and one going in. Sorry! XP

CounterSnipe

08-29-2013

Idk I'm very confused now. Panzer please help.

On the wiki page it says Talon's ult does what gas says, it only damages an opponent 2 times at max.

However, if you read talon's ult description it specifically states "every time a blade passes through an enemy they receive physical damage."

To me this means every blade has independent damage :\

exploder1717

08-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSnipe View Post
Idk I'm very confused now. Panzer please help.

On the wiki page it says Talon's ult does what gas says, it only damages an opponent 2 times at max.

However, if you read talon's ult description it specifically states "every time a blade passes through an enemy they receive physical damage."

To me this means every blade has independent damage :\
I guess you could say its slightly bugged, but what wiki says is correct. Each blade does not do seperate damage from the other blade. It is a set amount going out and in.

And I have never heard of jungle talon

Folded Socks

08-29-2013

Whoa what

You like Talon as a jungler? You know his bleed doesn't apply to minions right?

...Hang on and you play Zed jungle too?

Am I in a lucid dream?

mulekicker

08-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgunfun101 View Post
Whoa what

You like Talon as a jungler? You know his bleed doesn't apply to minions right?

...Hang on and you play Zed jungle too?

Am I in a lucid dream?
Maybe you mean season 2 instead of lucid dream?