AD or Bruiser Shyv?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trinity00

07-16-2012

Ok so I just finished a game where it was Varus(me), Sej, and Shyv against Teemo, Heimer, and Amumu. We lost and our Shyvana built AD carry with trinity force, BT, and PD. Now last time I checked bruiser Shyv is a lot stronger and better for 3's or am I missing something?

Uncle Jellyfish

07-17-2012

Well, how did she do? Did she, for example, go 3/11/10, or 15/3/7? I rarely see Shyv, and when I do they never do that well (they're usually on the other team, which never does well because my Suppordle is OP), but I usually see them building like Teemo: Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, Merc Treads, etc.

IS1f953903d2cff893ae987

07-17-2012

^ This.

In Twisted Treeline's meta with all the bruisers around, Shyvana would have a hard time with an AD Carry build, she's way more viable as bruiser, as she can also tank some damage in her Dragon Form.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Building Trinity Force on a champion without mana is a colossal waste of money, especially on Twisted Treeline. Frozen Mallet is mandatory with any Shyvanna build, as is Wriggle's Lantern. This frees up money to buy your Wit's End, and likely push for an Atma's Impaler. If you honestly think AD carry Shyvanna is better than bruiser Shyvanna, make a custom game while you and your friend build to 18 and purchase 3-4 items each and duel. See who wins that little 1v1 (I'll give you a hint, it's the bruiser, and the bruiser can tank turret shots while the AD carry can't).

Trinity00

07-17-2012

Thank you for the input. I thought bruiser Shyv was the better option. She did very poorly and essentially cost us the game because she couldn't tank turret damage.

Boo

07-17-2012

yes, bruiser shyvana is better. anyone telling you otherwise is wrong