Champion Spotlight: Evelynn, the Widowmaker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mole Rojo

07-22-2012

the skils are no so bad but the stealth is useless, whats the point of bein invisible were is nobody around as most people are sayin the ring should be reduce to half or less of what it is now

FABIOForever

07-22-2012

Soooo what's the point in picking her now? She has a horrible early game (ganking AND laning), a lackluster late game, and a middling mid game where she cannot 1on1 anyone. At what role and what point in the game was she supposed to be good at? Ganking, CC, sustained hybrid dps. These are all traits done so much better by other champions.

xSyaoronx

07-22-2012

BOTTOM LINE less vision detection range PLZ.

UP VOTES FOR PROOF PLZ COMMUNITY

Oh, and another thing. Who actually sat down, tested this remake and said this was ok. Cause i would like a word with said individuals.

BirdBoy20

07-23-2012

I like the new changes made to Eve, they make her a much more enjoyable and give her more damage output. However I do feel that the stealth/sight radius is too large and find it very hard to get ganks because she is so easily detectable from a distance. I also feel that her speed boost ability should not break her stealth. Just a couple thoughts I had about her recent changes.

Anduthrandir

07-24-2012

New evelyn sucks... her stealth is so useless, for god' sake man, reduce that circle to 1/3 of what it is (or maybe drop it gradually to 1/3 or 1/4 as she levels up), she needs to move for a mile before she can hit and people have 200 years to move away from her. Or give her a rush attack that will cover that ground.

Also, her ult is full ofc rap and makes her lose he uniqueness that she had. She is just like the dozens of other champions with area of effect ults... not to mention that hers is so boring and has nothing to do with the champion itself... well, according to the initial idea of the character.

The only power that I like in the new version is her 1st only because it's a line attack.

I particularly hate the fact that you need to hybrid her obligatory, otherwise she sucks. Unlike the old evelyn that you could give her hextech gunblade and the rest is ability power items like Nashor's tooth, abyssal scepter and Zhonya's hourglass, or some specific ad items instead, and she would be very good at killing champs. Not to mention her USEFUL stealth ability... now her stealth is a real joke, might as well remove her stealth completly and give her back he 50% damage taken from non-monster minions.

Is there a way to get access to the old evelyn? I don't want to do any tournaments or ranked games with her, just ordinary ones. I think the current version is really bad and is only there to please those who had a unidimensional way of playing champions in LoL and 1% of the player mass (like one build for close quarters, one for range, plus maybe a third for ap build). With the old evelyn, I had like 8 different builds that were all good, this one is only good if you give her ad, without ad, she sucks, and it makes her a crappy champ.

Apollyon7x

07-27-2012

I've played her... I have to doubt any of you who say her stealth sucks have. You can easily flank or get behind someone without getting spotted. Sure, the eve players would love to have her be stronger, if you play smart on your ganks, she is very strong. Close in with W and land E then spike em. They get .5 seconds of warning, not much.
I have laned mid with her, the range of hate spike makes viable in lane, possibly even decent top, haven't tried top against another solid top. I disagree with phreaks build.. But I dunno. The slow from tri is nice.
I maxed ravage first, then E. giving ridiculous attack and move speed. Have lantern or madreds from jungling, go for guinsoos and wits end.
Whatever the case, I found it difficult to jungle without starting armor and pots. If your first gank doesn't go right it will really slow you down.

Illuminat

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollyon7x View Post
I've played her... I have to doubt any of you who say her stealth sucks have. You can easily flank or get behind someone without getting spotted. Sure, the eve players would love to have her be stronger, if you play smart on your ganks, she is very strong. Close in with W and land E then spike em. They get .5 seconds of warning, not much.
I have laned mid with her, the range of hate spike makes viable in lane, possibly even decent top, haven't tried top against another solid top. I disagree with phreaks build.. But I dunno. The slow from tri is nice.
I maxed ravage first, then E. giving ridiculous attack and move speed. Have lantern or madreds from jungling, go for guinsoos and wits end.
Whatever the case, I found it difficult to jungle without starting armor and pots. If your first gank doesn't go right it will really slow you down.
I have played her and i can tell you what they did to the stealth was stupid.I mean u cant even get close enough to have the right opportunity to gank. I have played quite a few games as the new eve spent 6 hours of playing nothing but her, IMO I like what they did with her spells made it so she wasnt pure magic made her a hybrid but the stealth is a joke just a flat out joke. They should reduce the stealth detection alot. I have also played vs an eve and when she tries to sneak up, well most eves dont last long unless they attack while someone is attacking another person. Change her stealth back or reduce the stealth detection bubble please.

Domino99

08-15-2012

Is it just me or does it seem rather strange that Evelynn still hasn't recieved any new skins? There are a series of other characters who have well over 5 yet Eve still has to suffer through the same two boring and unsightly alternatives? We need to see some attractive variety!

Jawnuhthin

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino99 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem rather strange that Evelynn still hasn't recieved any new skins? There are a series of other characters who have well over 5 yet Eve still has to suffer through the same two boring and unsightly alternatives? We need to see some attractive variety!
You read my mind. ive been thinking this because i just recently bought her. i enjoy playing her so much she is one of the champions i would not mind at all buying a skin for. but these skins are not worth the purchase no matter how much i like eve.

Jawnuhthin

11-19-2012

I agree with most of these posts. Im tired of eve being called a "bad champ" when i pick her. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING. roit plz