Champion Spotlight: Evelynn, the Widowmaker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rando Destroy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-17-2012

I personally feel that there was nothing wrong with Eve before. I liked the way she played out. Now, you can not get close to enemies to hit them with your skills. At least that is how I feel. I appreciate the work you guys do, but I am not excited for this.

Vloxas

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando Destroy View Post
I personally feel that there was nothing wrong with Eve before. I liked the way she played out. Now, you can not get close to enemies to hit them with your skills. At least that is how I feel. I appreciate the work you guys do, but I am not excited for this.
You obviously haven't played Eve in quite a while then. I wanted to play her one last time last night, and sat in Normal queue for 10 minutes. Each time a queue popped and I picked Eve, there'd be a barrage of "omg a troller, gg." followed by a dodge. The fact that people don't even want to play a game with an Eve in the group is just a testament to how badly she was nerfed.

This update is a necessary buff/rebalancing to rectify how horribly Riot messed her up before. From what I've seen, you're still getting in close to deal damage. So while I respect your opinion, it's quite obvious from, "I liked the way she played out," that you haven't played with her recently.

ßØOM

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vloxas View Post
You obviously haven't played Eve in quite a while then. I wanted to play her one last time last night, and sat in Normal queue for 10 minutes. Each time a queue popped and I picked Eve, there'd be a barrage of "omg a troller, gg." followed by a dodge. The fact that people don't even want to play a game with an Eve in the group is just a testament to how badly she was nerfed.

This update is a necessary buff/rebalancing to rectify how horribly Riot messed her up before. From what I've seen, you're still getting in close to deal damage. So while I respect your opinion, it's quite obvious from, "I liked the way she played out," that you haven't played with her recently.
I have played her recently and i agree with Rando Destroy... she wasn't that bad of a champion, the damage was just fine once you got the right items, and she is a bit squishy but she can stealth so that completely understandable. I also highly doubt people called you a troll just by picking a champion in the game and i know that they wouldn't dodge over it.

Nya Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

I don't liek the long pause as you read each thing, I feel like I'm back in school and its tiem to write notes...

Vloxas

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM View Post
I have played her recently and i agree with Rando Destroy... she wasn't that bad of a champion, the damage was just fine once you got the right items, and she is a bit squishy but she can stealth so that completely understandable. I also highly doubt people called you a troll just by picking a champion in the game and i know that they wouldn't dodge over it.
I actually got called a troll several times. Thankfully there were 2 people who were in all of my queues with me who backed me up after I explained to them in the first queue pop that I wanted to play her before the patch.

A lot of people dodge games when someone picks Eve, at least in normal queue. Maybe because it's summer, I dunno. But I got called worse things than "troll" last night from picking Eve.

infinitenoob

07-17-2012

so they finished her before twitch? they finished this woman before twitch the RAT KING

Malkoto

07-17-2012

I have never had someone dodge when I played evelynn, and almost always I end up carrying my team. She wasn't bad at all, just took A LOT of skill to play. That being said: Yes, she needed this remake. In the right hands, she was completely overpowered, 2 shotting carries. In the wrong hands, she was completely useless. There was no in between for Evelynn. Now, she can legit be built AD or AP or even Hybrid, and not lose her style. Granted, she still takes a lot of skill to play, but she now has a middle-ground, if you understand her. I've mained evelynn all the way back since before she lost her stun, and overall I believe how she is now is perfect. There should not be any qqing due to her being overpowered, because she is a melee champ with no gap closer besides speed. or underpowered, because her damage is high if you can make it to your enemy.

nicholasidk64

07-17-2012

can't wait to drop my nutz on some kids faces with eve, even as she is now i dominate with her lol

mowlana123

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raepherion View Post
Evelynn is either female or male, make up your mind.

Spoiler: It's female.
Spoiler: It's female. ha ha ha ha

you totally spoiled it for me, i was going to spend 3 hours researching

Vualk

07-17-2012

she looks op again