How effective jungling is

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApackofKoalas

07-16-2012

I know I've posted about jungling before on these forums, but so few jungle it still blows my mind. essentially last night my friends started a new 3's team, we have a new top lane and I am now a jungler. Starting off against new teams (neither with a jungler) I was able to steal dragon twice in the first game (which we were losing hard at first) then prevent them from stealing it the rest of the game. Because I was jungling we were able to bridge a level gap and prevented them from getting dragon gold which would have surely won them the game. We were down about 8 kills early (I think it was 10-2 in their favor) but since we had 2 solo lanes and a jungler we were able to cs more than them and slowly catch up.

In the second game because we had a jungler we were able to compete and beat a team who were all roughly 400-500 Elo higher in their solo queue Elo. 1v1 we knew we were not as good, but having a jungler allowed us to compete and beat a team of players who normally could have beaten us. Yet again in this game a ward and me smite stealing dragon put us in complete control of the buffs, gold and the game.

If you want to start winning 3's games or just straight up climb Elo quickly on a new team: Run a jungler. This is my third team I have started and each time we started with a jungler until roughly 1400 Elo games are easily in your control since people don't really start jungling until then. Not to mention having a jungle spices games up if you aren't used to having one. It completely changes how you play.

Bronze V Jungler

07-16-2012

What jungler do you use?

I want to jungle on 3's but I don't know how well Sion or Mundo would work, and the only jungler I'm REALLY good with in fives is Olaf, but I hear they aren't viable.

I'm not normally a jungler, but I love 3's and want to adapt to the meta.

Goggris

07-16-2012

Mundo should be alright. Olaf is much better in lane in 3's. I'm not sure Sion would work well.

ApackofKoalas

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliNXzRn View Post
What jungler do you use?

I want to jungle on 3's but I don't know how well Sion or Mundo would work, and the only jungler I'm REALLY good with in fives is Olaf, but I hear they aren't viable.

I'm not normally a jungler, but I love 3's and want to adapt to the meta.
In 3's I try to use Shyvana as much as possible because quite frankly she is OP in 3's and I think she is super fun. But Udyr and lee sin are good as well. That's just who I play, and I have a few others but they aren't quite as good and are a last resort in case I get banned out. You can Jarvan but he is slow and mana hungry and shines in his gank ability, not so much clearing. Jax also works even though I have never tried him. I hope that is helpful. If you wanted you could add me and I can show you some routes or check my rune pages and masteries for what I run.

Bronze V Jungler

07-16-2012

I don't have Shyvana, I might try jungling as Jax. I might do an AP jungling Sion, I'll add you and tell you how that goes.

It'd be cool to see some of your routes and stuff, maybe you could play some normals with a friend and I. We aren't 30 yet, but we're trying to get adapted early.

Goggris

07-16-2012

Again - Jax is so much better in lane.

ApackofKoalas

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliNXzRn View Post
I don't have Shyvana, I might try jungling as Jax. I might do an AP jungling Sion, I'll add you and tell you how that goes.

It'd be cool to see some of your routes and stuff, maybe you could play some normals with a friend and I. We aren't 30 yet, but we're trying to get adapted early.
I certainly don't mind playing some normals as long as one of you are cool with likely having to 2v1 bot, or you can jungle and I can ping the route or something and 2v1.

Also I do agree that Jax is better in lane, but he can still jungle better than a lot of people, that dodge is just so good and his ganks are really really strong.