Pendulum

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PIMP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-07-2009

I love me some Pendulum. I wouldn't really consider myself a huge electronica fan by any means, but Pendulum is the stone cold nuts. I've been on the hunt for similar bands/artists, but D&B and Pendulum don't seem to be as synonymous as everyone seems to think.

TLDR: What are similar bands to Pendulum?

Decae

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMP View Post
I love me some Pendulum. I wouldn't really consider myself a huge electronica fan by any means, but Pendulum is the stone cold nuts. I've been on the hunt for similar bands/artists, but D&B and Pendulum don't seem to be as synonymous as everyone seems to think.

i dont know but nice username

Bad Locksmith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Jourdonnais

11-07-2009

The Presets sounds nice as well..

AND HEY IM A HUGE FAN OF PENDULUM!

!!!!

Claous

11-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMP View Post

You're right and wrong on that one. Pendulum's first few albums were solely D&B and hands down their most popular and noteworthy song that made them famous is their Hold Your Colour album. Their In Silico album which sounds drastically different form Hold Your Colour, is amazing in its own way but I still prefer most of the songs in Colour over Silico. But I have to admit Other Side, Mutiny, and Granite are great.

Try Ratatat, Justice, the prodigy to list a few.

You might also like Emancipator, Ronald Jenkees, Groove Armada, Zero 7, Infected Mushroom, London Elektricity.

Bojang

11-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claous View Post
You're right and wrong on that one. Pendulum's first few albums were solely D&B and hands down their most popular and noteworthy song that made them famous is their Hold Your Colour album. Their In Silico album which sounds drastically different form Hold Your Colour, is amazing in its own way but I still prefer most of the songs in Colour over Silico. But I have to admit Other Side, Mutiny, and Granite are great.

Try Ratatat, Justice, the prodigy to list a few.

You might also like Emancipator, Ronald Jenkees, Groove Armada, Zero 7, Infected Mushroom, London Elektricity.
Well your first point is correct; Pendulum has had a very nice jungle/break kind of sound, but they also expand to not fit any genre really (since who likes to get picky with genres in electronica).

However, Justice is not DnB... neither is the Prodigy, or Infected Mushroom, or Groove Armada (Groove Armada is, afaik, big beat/dubstep/house). Ronald Jenkees isn't even a band; more or less a guy making music on youtube (Not bashing him, I might buy his albums).

I like those groups, but if the OP doesn't like electronica but only DnB, he might need to look to downloading some drum and bass packs to expand his interests.

****, I haven't listened to Groove Armada in years.

Casually, I'd like to add in this link that definetly is not a piracy site or anything of the sort, just a blog. Here is a 4.05gb list of music made by a guy: http://www.zerosec.ws/reeged%E2%80%9...s-delirium-18/

Claous

11-08-2009

I said those bands/people because they sound good not because they're exactly alike. Most poeple(by most I mean me and all my friends) love the combination of all of them. And Ronald Jenkee's actually put out 3 cd's. The first one was under a different name, and the last two were under his own name. Disorganized Fun was a really good cd and OP might enjoy it. Thats the main reason I listed what I did.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

11-08-2009

I really don't know many electronica groups, but I do love Pendulum. Propane Nightmares is my ringtone right now!

Chixy

Adjudicator

11-10-2009

Pendulum is awesome. Try listening to some Chase and Status, Caspa, Benga, Rusko. These are some that are really good. Hope you like it