"Simple" and "Easy" aren't the same thing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawnWilkesBooth

07-24-2012

Also about the "big play" argument and whether LoL is more passive:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mZ0hLaUE#gid=0

Dota 2 has almost twice as many kills per minute.

Vrouge

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnWilkesBooth View Post
Also about the "big play" argument and whether LoL is more passive:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mZ0hLaUE#gid=0

Dota 2 has almost twice as many kills per minute.
It's not just the number of kills and engagements/skirmishes in Dota that make it more exciting and intriguing to watch. It's got to do with the variation that is permitted due its freedom from any such BURDEN OF KNOWLEDGE or ANTI-FUN bull ****.

Laning is more varied. There is no fixed laning setup. 2/1/2 is as common as 3/1/1 or 1/1/3 or 1/1/2 + 1 or 2/1/1 + 1. Junglers are not as inherently required as in LoL and roamers are a lot more common.

Variation in skillsets and items. This is by far the game-breaker... the thing that keeps me playing Dota over LoL for the most part. Skillsets are a lot more diverse. You can see a lot more wacky and creative abilities that you would never see in LoL. A global TP that allows you to bring someone else with you? A 13 second silence + DoT? A hero with 10 spells at his disposal? A hero that can steal spells? Heroes that can charm neutral creeps to their will? A lot more Stealth based heroes that aren't gimped just because they're stealthed? Supports with more than just heals/shields?

As for the items, there are nearly 40 items with active abilities in-built from things like invisibility on an item, to a nuke on an item, to an anti-magic barrier, to an AoE heal and so many more utility items. You aren't forced into insta-locking either one of flash/exhaust/ignite.

Mechanics are less simplified. This is also something that keeps me playing. Sure... it may be harder to grasp but as somebody who has surpassed all that learning I can assure you that there's a little something about being able to tear down the forest, force staff people onto ledges, conceal yourself and all allies briefly, send enemies back in time, and so much more that makes the game ultimately more intriguing for me.

Frowny Cupcake

07-27-2012

FatJuggahole

09-21-2012

but lol is simple and easy