Yorick to carry myself out of elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiiz Khalifa

07-14-2012

do you guys think playing Yorick non-stop would be a good way to carry myself out of 800 elo? i was thinking if my team was down we could swap top and bot lane and have 2v1 top while i solo bottom since Yorick is a very good 2v1 champion. hopefully the top laner for their team would get owned and our carry will be fed.

q12w23e34

07-14-2012

I would recomend a good support. They are usually the best to carry out of elo hell. That or jungle. A good blitz/leona or someone.

Vardnemar

07-15-2012

Yorick bot would probably be destroyed from the stuns of their support and their AD carry, although there isn't a whole lot of team play in the 800 elo range, you could try it but Yorick would be a tough one since he's not a real carry and falls off a little late game compared to a lot of champs; you could definately try doing it with Yorick, but unless you're good you will have troubles. I'm not sure of your knowledge on champions and the game itself so I can't say for sure.

lastchancexi

07-15-2012

Yorick is a very strong champion top lane IMO and also very good 1v2. I dunno if he's that much better than every other champion to carry with..

Anyway, top lane is the easiest lane to snowball, so if you can get a hold of top lane and get up a couple of kills or a bunch of CS, you can really destroy your opponent and they can't do a thing about it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

I would NOT play Yorick for this purpose.... he simply cannot CARRY well enough.

Yorick will usualy do really well in his lane. But it is hard for him to get FED. He has no ult basically and no gap closer, not much burst. So unlike say Riven, he can zone them and push them back, but cannot keep KILLING and getting fat.

Even if he does quite well, his ULT goes on the carry. If your carry sucks, then your Ult sucks. A mere tanky DPS, with minimal killing ability just can't carry all that well.

I love Yorick and Ive been #1 several times, but I also understand that if I had a fed Jax/Riven/whoever else, I would have been able to DOMINATE instead of just do well and semi-carry.

arcticnerd

07-16-2012

Just because Yorick isn’t a hyper carry doesn’t mean he is a bad choice for you. Basically to carry yourself out of sub 1000 and into the 1400 range you will want to play champions you are the most comfortable with. The better you are with a champion, no matter the role, the more likely you will be to win the match. Below 1400 the focus of the game is really on basic mechanics. The more we master things like jungle timers, csing and optimal builds higher our elo will rise.

Play whoever you are best with. If it’s Yorick then go for him.

henrik

07-16-2012

I am currently using blitzcrank to get out of elo hell, climbing from 817 elo to 1060 in under two weeks (my blitzcrank win ratio is 72%). People often under-appreciate the role of support. I picked blitzcrank because he serves so many purposes:

1. WARDS. As support, you guarantee your team map control as well as dragon and baron control. There has been so many times where I've had supports that did not buy a single ward the whole game and they would just gank us to death. Wards can prevent your team from getting caught in bad situations and also catch the enemy unexpectedly.

2. Kills and disruption. Blitzcrank basically feeds your team kills throughout the game. During laning phase, you have the power to zone your enemy as well as pull off a few good grabs, feeding your AD Carry, giving your team a strong mid-late game. With wards, you can manage crazy over-the-wall grabs that are free kills. In late game, you can totally disrupt the enemy's positioning, pulling the adcarry into the middle of your team. Your team will naturally burst him down.