Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The meaning of "kill stealing"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTore118

07-17-2012

For the record, I have had the same experience as HaShedon. Also, I have never once typed about another player "ks"ing me. In fact, I occasionally apologize just to keep people happy if I think I may have done it by accident, and when people apologize to me I always say by all means take em all I don't care-even when I am a carry.

I think everyone pretty much agrees that as long as I don't do it purposefully and am playing like a good teammate I should be fine, and not to worry about it if someone calls me out. I understand Darkworld's point, but I just feel like that's a really small difference like EzraTwitch says, but I will be paying attention when I do PvP.

Thanks again all.

GMarinoGambini

07-17-2012

There's a difference between kill stealing and kill securing..

TwistWrist

07-17-2012

Most complaints about kill stealing is about kill securing and is idiotic.

MeltedWater

07-17-2012

Generally you want to try to let the carry get the kills. They scale better with gold than the tank. If you are the tank, your only KSes should be either A) accidental, B) becaues you didn't think anyone else could, or C) to save somebody. In rare circumstances, I'll KS someone that I think is honestly useless, especially if I would otherwise not have even got an assist...but this don't happen much.

The Jade Fist

07-18-2012

Quote:
onguàrd:
It's like this:

If me and an enemy are out by ourselves and I'm clearly going to kill him, then one of my team swoops in and lays out their abilities and gets the kill that's kill stealing. This is also the only time anyone should get upset because beyond reasonable doubt that person just wanted the kill, had no intention of saving you, etc. Still, don't bother raging because it will just cause whatever noob who relies on feeding off your work to probably insult you then go AFK.

Pretty much any other time, the person is just inexperianced and dosen't know what KSing really means. Either way, it's kill and assist gold for your team--which is always better than the enemy recieving something. So take the good with the bad and hope you don't queue with people who are self centered and ignorant next time.

Incorrect. About them swooping in and taking the kill, the only time you really have right to be mad is when you get robbed of assist gold when you weren't able to land a hit in too long cause they ran. Why is them stealing the kill so blantantly good? Well think about this, now he has kill gold you have assist gold, thats more gold for your team, then would have been if he just let you take the kill.

Now i get pissed when it happens to me, but I got realize Its over all a gold advantage to my team. Only time when you have a real grievance is when you do 90% of their hp, they run, you're about to catch up, and finish them, some one else swoops in takes the kill, and you don't get your assist gold you rightfully deserved. Or if they were sitting in a bush, waiting to last hit them.

As long as you get gold from the kill with the person you were involved in fighting against, then its good.

When i support/ tank, I'll try to let my carry kill them, but i'm not going to not attack and let them get away. And infact if i was near a fight, i'll try to do anything i can do heal/ buff or deal at least 1 hit on the enemy even if that means i end up ksing the guy, simply for the fact its more gold for me and my team.

Rosalinn

07-18-2012

Ikr. Today about 2 battles ago I played as katarina and you know her blades can go anywhere especially bouncing blade and kats ult. I tried helping my team out so I did bouncing blade and I got the kill since there where like 2 other people with me so there was allot of damage coming out of no where and another time I used my ult and got all kills and everyone was saying I got a ks when there health was half -_- and they were calling bad names but I did the mature thing and ignore.

t0m

07-18-2012

Kill stealing is what ragers cry about. If the enemies are dying, you're winning. It's a team game. Don't pay attention to anyone claiming you stole their kill, unless you're the tank/support, it's generally best for the carry to get the kill, but hey if the enemy dies I'm satisfied.

Trickai

07-18-2012

I will say I am a newbie...less than two weeks. But as for kill stealing I agree with what has already been said (I know that sounds pretentious but I am coming from the viewpoint of a newbie so feel the anxiety that the thread starter may be feeling.)

My feelings are that you kill the bots whenever you can, if it is close and you can strike at it then do so. However if someone else is killing it and is likely to actually make the kill, then help out by killing the creeps around them to give them a better chance. If the bot is running for it then try to take it out...you want it dead rather than escaping.

If someone is calling kill steal on you then let them report you and have it decided in tribunal...chances are it's just some whiner who wasn't helping out in the game other than trying to rack up kills.

I can't count the number of games I have been in where one player will not help at all with the creeps...at all....but will suddenly pop out and kill off the bot. To me that is kill stealing, but in the end I would rather have a dead bot than let one escape....and a win rather than a defeat.

Skin Wizard

07-18-2012

kill stealing (ks) is basically when one champ does all the work to get a kill and another champ last hits the champ you were trying to kill.

Oslof

07-18-2012

I don't know why pepole even complain or get angry over kill stealing. Honestly the fact of the matter is the champion you just killed gave your team gold what does it matter you can allways get a chance to get another kill later in the game. It's a team effort thats what this game is about it isn't so much about greed imo.