Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mages with good auto-attack animations?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

07-15-2012

Like others have said, Ahri, Brand and Ziggs have excellent ones.

Lux is on-off. It's a good AA, but becaause of how it animates, if you click elsewhere too early, it animation cancels. You can cancel on a lot of champs (namely Vayne), but as an AP mid, Lux gets that problem a lot.

Strill

07-15-2012

Quote:
Solatoral:
Like others have said, Ahri, Brand and Ziggs have excellent ones.

Lux is on-off. It's a good AA, but becaause of how it animates, if you click elsewhere too early, it animation cancels. You can cancel on a lot of champs (namely Vayne), but as an AP mid, Lux gets that problem a lot.
Lux has her passive though, which makes last-hitting much easier.

JeanieYuss

07-15-2012

Its not only with mages though. I played MF as my main AD carry for a while. She probably has one of the easiest last hit animations in the game. If you're used to last-hitting on MF, trying to last hit on Sivir becomes alot harder.

Its easier with mages though. Even though Anivia/Karthus have slow autoattaks, they can still farm with their abilites.

Directw

07-15-2012

I"m surprised no one mentioned Fid. Although Fid has the worst AA animation, but he is still viable for AD/crit build with his 2 cc skill.

Boyahda

07-16-2012

Quote:
Vekticon:
I think Ziggs animation is fantastic. Also its so similar to his bomb toss animation its easy to be unpredictable when harrasing with it. I love me some Ziggs

This.

Zigg's animation is smooth and perfect. I have no idea why they made his animation so much better then previous mage heroes. In my opinion the scale goes from Fiddle all the way at the bottom to Ziggs at the very top. Heimerdinger's animation is pretty bad also.

Vamaar

07-16-2012

As mentioned, Ziggs has a good animation. I also like Xerath's animation and find last hitting with him very easy.

qwertymarch

07-16-2012

Anivia, if your looking for smooth perfect attack animations, go anivia

Kirielis

07-16-2012

Actually I would contest that Fid has the worst animation. He's so much easier to cs with than Vlad. (Ryze is a pain as well, but less so.)

XCodes

07-16-2012

I'm so used to slow animations that I frequently hit too fast with Ziggs and miss CS that way.

Just something to be aware of. I think that it's easier to CS if you have a smooth, quick animation, but if you have a "bad" animation then you can get used to it and still do just fine, IMO.

Fat Mchugelarge

07-16-2012

Quote:
Rustmaker:
I'm talking about mages, not for champs in general -_-

AP Jax is viable, thus he's a mage bub.