Initiation or Peeling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlipperTheDerp

07-15-2012

Hello again summoners
I was recently playing a game against a fed jax and tryndamere, but our team had a fed ashe. In this game I was playing as malphite and mainly only blowing all my CDs to peel everyone on their team off. This ended up working wonders, but I know the power of malphites ult and most tanks in general. So, as a tanky character, should I be trying to eat up their carry, or trying to peel them off mine. Or, is this a champ by champ basis? Thanks ahead of time

Hirumonogatari

07-15-2012

as a carry player i usually get annoyed when the tank goes off to hunt. this usually results in 2 things:
1) i'm left out in the open, which typically means the one person the tank is chasing runs off, and the remaining 3 - 4 people focus on me and i'm down in 2 seconds.
2) i bail out of there to avoid situation (1) and the tank gets focused.

either way, it's not good for me, it's not good for the team.
unless you are running heavy damage (i haven't seen many malphites with kickass damage, although there are some out there) then by all means play as a melee AD carry and do your thing. but if it's clear that the carry has your team's dps, then i'd prefer that you protect your team's dps and peel them off the carry, so they can in turn do their job.

Etherimp

07-15-2012

Peel. Let the tanky DPS or assassins chase down the carries.