You can't jungle in Twisted Treeline!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koldheartedjsp

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshiet View Post
Never really noticed that. I hadn't played 3s since Fiora came out when I was building her differently. And I don't doubt jungling but I can't trust it now because what's the point if top can't keep an eye on top? We kept getting ganks at bot rather than keeping top pushed. I don't think I fully understand how it works, lol.
well IF you're facing another jungler, they'll very likely have the dragon down WAY before anyone in the game gets to even 8. When i play AD sion (top) i can easily solo cap the dragon at 6. Tryn jungle or top I've gotten it at 7 with a pot going (used to, idk now). Udyr can also get it insanely early.

The great teams get it almost as it spawns. Also, if the jungler starts cloth 5 (which usually happens) and gets a quick first blood they'll be very close to razors from the get go, and can easily snow ball from there capping buffs for the xp advantage.

Not to mention having a smite (not necessarily a jungler) is incredibly beneficial to the team. you can smite the dragon over the wall if they don't pull it out of the pit

WillWW

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshiet View Post
Just had a Nasus jungle in 3's and while he was fast, he let the lane get pushed and let their Renekton farm like crazy. Couldn't kill anyone after having to give up farming on bot (as Fiora) to keep the top lane from getting taken over but in the end, our Brand couldn't hold a lane against Blitz and Cait.

I'm very open minded to trying new metas but that was stupid and now I have a biased opinion toward jungling in 3s now and do not support it. More power to you if you can pull it off, though.
Yeah, but that's not true jungling, that's like a half type jungling thing.

NBA

07-16-2012

lizto said it the best

Aikimiller

07-17-2012

Jungling in 3s is an advanced strategy for a premade team, and shouldn't be used in solo queue ever. Primarily because it jungling is much riskier on TT for the previously mentioned reasons. It's also very easy to kill the jungler- all you have to do is keep a ward up on red, and you're pretty much guaranteed the kill.

Additionally, by jungling you are leaving a teammate to 2v1 a lane. And unless this person is prepared to deal with that, you're kind of screwing them over. Additionally, the 2v1 lane will most likely be pushed- making jungling that much riskier (as the teammate in that lane will be farther away should their team come to kill you in the jungle).

Yes, it can work if you build the team with it in mind. And even if you're just laning normally, having a smite on the team for dragon and buff control isn't a bad strategy.

TSM willxo

07-17-2012

u made my pet goldfish die

Yefo

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen View Post
So I... wanted to try Jungling, with Mundo. Right off the bat, I started getting yelled at to 'drop Smite' because 'You can't jungle in Twisted Treeline'.

My whole team was yelling at me, when I got into the game the other 3 people on the enemy team were taunting me in all-chat with stuff like "stupid mundo thinks you can jungle in 3s LOL" and stuff like that. T_T ANyways my team went bot together (they're like, no, we're not doing 1 in each lane with a jungler) so I held top against Olaf, and ended up taking jungles to my top and bottom whenever I could and easily took dragon when I was like lv. 6 or 7 or so, so I ended up with waaaaay more cs and gold than Olaf and eventually started pwning bot with my team. I felt so good that I proved to those nay sayers that jungling worked as a strategy in Twisted Treeline!! Well that's my story.
So... I agree that having a jungler is good on TT and necessary if you play at non-scrub levels, but...

How exactly did you "prove your point"? You did top + jungle and had 2 bot, like any normal game without a jungler lol.

Tiberius Steele

07-17-2012

Jungle es easy, practice moar

Sam

07-18-2012

Very good teach those ppl what jungling can do for you!

AndovarEdoras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

3V3 has a different meta, making the bot lane 1v2 is just...no.. needs some strong solo champ for that..besides if youre a top lane champ and you dominate and push your lane enemy away, get wriggle or something and the jungle is yours..thats it. its pointless to take smite specifically for jungling or jungling runes and so on.... you need stronger summoner spells than smite when youre solo top since real laners take exhaust/ignite usually...no matter how much you jungle, they will push you away

NecroGiant

07-18-2012

the best way to jungle is basically soloing top farm the lane hit top camps then bot camp then back to lane since soloing bot is asking to get killed. any smart players will invade you real quick and possibly get a kill if they calculate ur pattern correctly. taking smite is fine it makes taking the jungle alot fast so u dont really have to worry about the tower being hit. just my personal experience.