You can't jungle in Twisted Treeline!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sweagen

07-15-2012

So I... wanted to try Jungling, with Mundo. Right off the bat, I started getting yelled at to 'drop Smite' because 'You can't jungle in Twisted Treeline'.

My whole team was yelling at me, when I got into the game the other 3 people on the enemy team were taunting me in all-chat with stuff like "stupid mundo thinks you can jungle in 3s LOL" and stuff like that. T_T ANyways my team went bot together (they're like, no, we're not doing 1 in each lane with a jungler) so I held top against Olaf, and ended up taking jungles to my top and bottom whenever I could and easily took dragon when I was like lv. 6 or 7 or so, so I ended up with waaaaay more cs and gold than Olaf and eventually started pwning bot with my team. I felt so good that I proved to those nay sayers that jungling worked as a strategy in Twisted Treeline!! Well that's my story.

Uncle Jellyfish

07-15-2012

Brought a tear to my eye....

In all seriousness, jungling is not only viable in Twisted Treeline, it's actually an effective way to play. The problem is that jungling from level one is quite hard, as the neutral camps are randomized and very unforgiving.

Your strategy of starting solo top and jungling after getting a few levels is a much more preferred strategy, though usually in higher levels of play teams will send two top and one bot, as having a duo top lane means you have better jungle and dragon control, and more safety since ganks are riskier for the enemy team.

Sweagen

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jellyfish View Post

In all seriousness, jungling is not only viable in Twisted Treeline, it's actually an effective way to play. The problem is that jungling from level one is quite hard, as the neutral camps are randomized and very unforgiving.

Your strategy of starting solo top and jungling after getting a few levels is a much more preferred strategy, though usually in higher levels of play teams will send two top and one bot, as having a duo top lane means you have better jungle and dragon control, and more safety since ganks are riskier for the enemy team.
Thanks for the tips! Yeah it would make more sense to have 2 top, I guess one could roam the jungles or they could take turns for some extra XP and gold then huh? And yeah I probably wouldn't be able to take too much punishment from the jungle creeps at lvl 1 <_<

Elealar

07-15-2012

It's viable to actually jungle from level 1 too though only few champions can truly pull it off; especially the more-effective-but-unforgiving top jungle only route (where you'll also engage enemy jungler very early). Nunu is godlike now that he has his Consume back. Smite for the big creep allows clearing one of the big camps. Lee, Shyvana, Udyr, Warwick, Shaco & few others can also clear the camps decently.

Optimized Rune & Mastery Pages and champs are a must, and of course it's preferable to have toplane pull the first two camps. Also, Wraiths are relatively OP unless you have tons of burst (Nunu, Udyr).

Exotic3s

07-15-2012

lol I carry jungle that other team can suck it and come play with me next time.

Haters gonna hate Oh I ment haters gonna suck

Oshiet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Just had a Nasus jungle in 3's and while he was fast, he let the lane get pushed and let their Renekton farm like crazy. Couldn't kill anyone after having to give up farming on bot (as Fiora) to keep the top lane from getting taken over but in the end, our Brand couldn't hold a lane against Blitz and Cait.

I'm very open minded to trying new metas but that was stupid and now I have a biased opinion toward jungling in 3s now and do not support it. More power to you if you can pull it off, though.

Oshiet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jellyfish View Post

On a side note -
When I play Fiora top I do this. If you can dominate in your lane then Jungle is pretty much all yours. Can normally get dragon buff by lv 10 without help and reg buffs by lv 3.

Lizto

07-15-2012

If you cant pull off 3v3 jungle, then youre probably below 1400 elo. If you can pull it off, but your 2v1 lane feeds... youre probably under 1400 elo anyway... if you think jungle is bad in 3s... youre definitely below 1400 elo.

Koldheartedjsp

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshiet View Post
On a side note -
When I play Fiora top I do this. If you can dominate in your lane then Jungle is pretty much all yours. Can normally get dragon buff by lv 10 without help and reg buffs by lv 3.
lvl 10 dragon is incredibly late. Not gonna cut it

jungling in 3s is cake. Just have your team leash the first camp, and have them damage it down and you swap focus so you get the full xp.

i jungle lee alot and i take the bottom camp, then top, and then gank top.

Oshiet

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
lvl 10 dragon is incredibly late. Not gonna cut it

jungling in 3s is cake. Just have your team leash the first camp, and have them damage it down and you swap focus so you get the full xp.

i jungle lee alot and i take the bottom camp, then top, and then gank top.
Never really noticed that. I hadn't played 3s since Fiora came out when I was building her differently. And I don't doubt jungling but I can't trust it now because what's the point if top can't keep an eye on top? We kept getting ganks at bot rather than keeping top pushed. I don't think I fully understand how it works, lol.