Just reached level 30 but can't play ranked? :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axoros

07-15-2012

Hey guys, so I finally made it to level 30 and wanted to try ranked. However, when I click play >>Classic>>Summoner's Rift the only game types that are available to me are Normal (blind pick), Normal(draft pick), and Ranked Solo/Duo(draft pick). Before i turned 30 there was a game mode option of "Ranked Teams (draft pick)" but since i hit level 30 it's not there. So i logged into my level 5 account and under that account the game type was there -_- and i cant play ranked solo because i do not own 16 champions.

Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance.

Trenta

07-15-2012

Join a team. Dont start playing ranked.

Its people like you that stop others from raising their elo

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

XD Oddly enough, ranked teams will come back up if you make or join a team. In nicer words than the post above me, watch some streams/spectate ranked matches before heading into solo queue. I forget how many games it is,but as long as your preliminary for your rating, you lose -45 elo per loss.

Reats

07-15-2012

You should have at least 20 champions for ranked and trying to do any ranked games with less than 16 champions is a joke. Ranked games were much worse before they had that rule.

joeyjoejoejoe

07-15-2012

It doesn't take long at all to get the extra champions. The maintain a reasonable selection of champions for cheap. So, getting the extra champions is no big deal.

HOWEVER, if you were not already aware, not only do you need a good number of champions to choose from, but you must be able to play a good handful of them well. If you can only play 2-3 champions well, you will often ben forced to play the champions that you don't know well, thereby ruining the game for your entire team.

Bottom line, you need to own and be proficient with a well-rounded (and well-runed) group of champions to be consistently effective in ranked games.

advancedAI

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTrenta View Post
Join a team. Dont start playing ranked.

Its people like you that stop others from raising their elo
Wow, very condescending...

X plicit 1

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
pretty true tho

X plicit 1

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
pretty true tho, search the guy and tell me that you'd want to duo with him

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Thank god you don't have 16 champions, just like the first responder said, it's people like you that stop others from raising your elo, please get at least 400 wins under your belt before even thinking of ranking...

K4jove

07-15-2012

Just do Solo Duo queue this is ranked man, dont try to be in a team now