Looking for jungle advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A retarded dog

07-15-2012

I've been working on my jungle and need some advice. Currently I know routes of Amumu, Dr. Mundo, and I'm working towards Alistar. I know my patterns and how to counter jungle(though I usually don't) but i mainly need help with runes(which ones to use and for what junglers) and possibly 1 more jungler(dps or tank) since the ones I use are banned semi-often at my elo(900).

I mostly start cloth+5 hpots and I'm looking to be able to use boots+3 hpots or regen pendent+hpot.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

It really depends on who you're playing.

Udyr can benefit from ad marks
Skarner and shyvanna benefit from attack speed marks

In general, 10 armor pen and some extra ad will help you out.

DaMadTroller

07-15-2012

runes for amumu:magpen red, armor yellow, mr blue, ms quint
runes for mundo/alistar/most other junglers:ad red(alternately AS), armor yellow, mr blue, ms quint

amumu is a very strong pick atm for solo queue and normals, its hard to screw up with him. just rush HOG and philo and u shud be fine.

dr mundo requires a bit more skill managing the jungle early on, since he is somewhat prone to having low hp, but late game he is very damaging and tanky.

alistar transitions extremely well out of the jungle, and can be built as an aura support(most common), tanky dps(if ur snowballing), or pure tank. his ult allows him to wade into the enemy team and cc their carries.

nautilus is also very strong, hes got the most cc of any champion, and is also very tanky while doing respectable damage.

however, if u are playing ranked solo queue, i highly recommend "carry" junglers. darius, nocturne, lee sin, olaf, champions who excell at getting kills. even if one of ur carry lanes screws up, u can pick up the slack and still get lots of kills.

darius is great at dueling other junglers, he basically just runs into their jungle and picks a fight with the enemy. most other junglers cant match his dmg and will run away, allowing u to steal buffs.

nocturnes ganks are amazing, and he can do a lot of damage as well as being fairly tanky.

lee sin is great all around although his damage and utlity falls off somewaht late game

olaf is the master of duels, he will murder pretty much anyone who tries to go toe to toe with him unless they have a buff/health/surprise advantage. not many junglers, even the really tanky ones, can stand up to him in a 1v1 fight.

A retarded dog

07-15-2012

Thank you for the advice