Yasuo's Fall From Greatness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuriadyn

05-01-2014

If this is liked, let me know. If you don't like it, don't rage at me.
If I could make any improvements, let me know.
Feedback is good
There will be more soon. I have another story lined up.
(Note #2, this is a big wall of text.)

Hope you enjoy (again)

But before you read this, check out my other story:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4#post46738514

Now you can read

Yasuo
The Unforgiven
Yasuo's Fall From Greatness

The Noxus Invasion allowed me to show off my mastery, I was ready. Then, I was told to protect some old guy. Now, please know, I respected this old guy, since we was like my boss.

"You coming brother?"
"Yeah, just a sec." I replied
"Hurry!" My brother was impatient because we had heard rumors of an attack on an outer city, about two days, walking, from Ionia. We were own our way to check it out. We stopped at a few shops to gather supplies, rope, wood, extra shoes (just in case), and water.
"You're wind technique can help us hunt, ya'know, like use the wind to our advantage?" Yone was excited to get going, he hadn't fought someone in a three days.
"Chill out, I'm almost ready!" I was preparing for the worst, as I always did. I was ready for the off chance we got ambush, or Yone died. We were walking out of the gates and Yone took off running. I chased him because, what better way to start a journey then a 200 meter dash??

When we reached the city, we were shocked. Houses burned down, shops pillaged, and people slaughtered. We approached someone, and asked what had happened.
"Noxus happened!" She replied, "They took everything, from crops to lives! Noxus needs to be shut down! They need to know they can do this to anybody without consequences!"
"We train in the Sword School, how can we help?" Yone asked.
"You can help by destroying Noxus! They must pay for what they have done here!" She said with anger and hate in her voice.
Yone and I left the city, but not after helping to rebuild some shops and homes. My wind technique really helped us there. I was able to lift heavy pallets, and then distribute them on the roofs and walls. Then, Yone would make all the pallets secure on those roofs and walls, with his raw strength.

The city was sad to see us leave, we were said to go, but we had to get back to the School. We started the journey back, and about one hour of leaving the village I was hearing noises in the trees around us.
"Brother, wait, stop." I said.
"You hear it too?" Yone had a worried look on his face.
"Yes..." We quietly drew our swords, ready to fight.
But what happened was strange, Noxians flew out of the trees and attacked us, but only wanted to kill Yone. Why only Yone? Why not me too? I thought as I slashed my way to Yone, who had five Noxians circling him.
"Yasuo, you take two, I have these three." He ordered.
I jumped onto one of them, and cut the other down. Then held the one I was standing on in place. I watched Yone take on three enemies at once, it was amazing. He parried, slashed, stabbed, blocked, and dodged. Now I knew why he was so revered at the School.

As Yone was finishing off the last enemy, he said they were Noxians.
"You can tell by the stance."
"You can tell by the stance...?" I inquired.
"It's a very distinctive stance."
I was done arguing at this point, so we headed back to the School. We walk about here more miles before we here are more rustling in the bushes. we pick up the pace. We traveled for about one more mile and then they attacked.
Noxians, catapults, chemical bombers, we had stumbled in the path of a Noxian invasion.
"Run!" Yone yelled. I was sure the entire army had heard us, but to our surprise they only sent minimal forces at us. We were able to slash the few Noxians they sent at us. When we were far enough for them to stop chasing us, we ran as fast as we could to warn School of the imminent attack.
When we made it to the School we reported our encounter. The Elders said we should stay and defend, but Yone went to the outskirts again to check on the invasion. I was told to stay and protect the an Elder, so I did. Everyone left the room, the Elder and I waited.

We heard the sound of battle, faintly at first, then it started to crescendo. The battle was so loud, I thought they we were making our last stand right outside the doors. I decided to check it out.
"I'll be right back, I promise." I said.
"Be swift, I may need you." The Elder didn't like my idea.
I stepped outside, keeping the door propped open with one foot. What I saw was incredible. Noxians hadn't made it very far past the front gates, in the gardens. They were using poison gas to force us back, and I could do nothing but protect an old guy so far back in the fight it shouldn't matter.
"AARHUS!..." I heard the Elder cry out in pain. I ran to him as fast as I could.
"Who did this to you?" I questioned.
"A girl, I got beaten by a girl..." His voice was growing faint. I looked around the room and saw a female figure leaving through the roof. She must have dropped in, killed the Elder, then fled; I thought.

I chased her, using my wind technique to 'fly'. I made it to the roof, and saw her about to jump down.
"Hey!" I yelled, "You did this? You're the one who killed him?"
She turned around. Now I could see her. She had a sword as big as she was, and a black Noxian suit with a small red cape. Nothing else stood out to me.
"I did not want to," She started, "I was told to leave the fight to kill this man, or they would kill me."
I was angry. I could not think straight. "What went through your head as you came down from the roof?" I was starting to calm down.
"I was thinking 'If I do this, I'm done, no more Noxus'. Noxus is imperialistic and looking for wars." She replied.
I was almost calm again, "Where will you go?" I ventured.
"I will roam Runeterra, until I find the Institute of War. There I will be free of Noxus turmoil and I can fight to prove my skills." Her sword was by her side, it was massive, and sharp, "Are we done here?" she started to turn around.
"Wait. I never got your name." I said.
"Not many people know my name, but I go by Riven."
"Well Riven, I hope to see you again someday. We can determine who is the better swordsman... woman..." I said.
She laughed, "Ha ha, you're funny," She was about to jump down when she said, "I hope to fight you someday, Yasuo."
Before I could ask how she knew my name, she jumped. I ran to the edge, but didn't see her.

When I made it back inside, the other Elders, some warriors, and Yone were waiting for me
"What's going on? Did we win?"
"Brother, did you leave your post?" Yone demanded.
Everyone's eyes were trained on me, "Yes, I did. I wanted to see how the battle was going. When heard the Elder cry out, I ran back. I saw a--" I was cut off by Yone.
"I do not care Brother! You have been blamed for the murder of the Elder you were told to protect!" Yone was furious with me.
"Let me finish!... I saw a woman being pulled to the roof, so I followed. We met on the roof. She was the murderer, she told me!" I yelled. They did not want to listen.
An Elder stepped forward, "Yasuo, I hereby revoke your status in the Ionian Military. You are banished from here effective immediately. Give your sword to Yone and be on your way."
"Why am I being accused of this? I am a high ranking soldier, and loyal too?" I was flustered.
"Because, Yasuo. The Elder was killed by a wind technique. You are the only one in generations to master this skill. This means, you are the only one who could commit such an act." Yone said sadly.
"But, Yone, you know I would never do this! Why are you on their side?!" Yone did not answer my question. I gave up arguing, and gave my sword to Yone, who whispered in my ear.
"Keep it, get out. You won't have much time."
I pushed Yone to the ground, and took out the guards. I looked at Yone, who mouthed 'Go, run!'

I fled Ionia, and never looked back. They accused me for something I never did. They must have wanted me out, why else would they not listen to me.
I traveled for days, hoping someone would help. After sixteen days of walking, I stopped at a small village, but something was not right. People were looking at me funny, they would run from me. Then I saw him. Yone, standing on a roof, staring at me.

"We meet again brother!" He yelled.
"Why are you here?" I asked. He jumped from the roof and approached me.
"I am here to bring you to justice." He winked at me.
I drew my sword and was ready to fight. He drew his, and came at me. He knew we was no match for me, I could win the fight without much trouble. He slashed, I blocked. He stabbed, I dodged. Whatever he did I was able to block.

Our fight made it to the edge of the nearby cliff.
"I was told to bring you back, or kill you." Yone told me.
"Why are you telling me this?"
"Because, if I return without proof of your death, or you, they will kill me." He responded.
We fought a little more,
"Run with me, we can go anywhere." I suggested.
"No, one of three things happens. I kill you, or I bring you in, or..." He stopped.
"Or what?"
"Or you kill me and keep running. If I'm dead, they might think I ran away with you, and they won't think to come near you."
"That is an awful plan." I stated.
"But it will work, all we have to do is make it look real." He came at me harder than before. Stab, slash, slash, stab, jump back, slash, stab, slash. He was going to let me kill him. There were holes in his technique everywhere. I don't want to do this, but if it keeps me alive, and Yone free.

I charged at Yone, hacking, and slashing. I wished I had just given up in Ionia. I hated what I had to do. I had to kill my brother. I kept Yone on his feet, making the fight look as real as possible, but it was beginning to last too long.
"This ends, NOW!" I yelled. I blew dirt at Yone's face, but made sure it barely got him. Yone shouted, and fell to the ground.
"Get up!" I demanded. Yone stood, slowly. I readied my blade, bracing for the final strike.
"Yasuo, I know you didn't do it. But this murder, you must commit. It will keep me free knowing you are safe. Ionia was afraid of what you could do, so they staged the Elders death. They met with Riven, and helped her get free of Noxus. All she had to do was kill the Elder." Yone explained, "Finish me..." He said in a quieter tone.
"I'm sorry brother, I will make things right, eventually." I ended my brother's life, and gave him a proper burial, away from the village. I left Yone's body on the edge of the cliff, then came back for it after nightfall.

After the burial, I headed West. I was heading for Demacia when a robed figure stepped out of the tree line.
"Yasuo, slayer of Yone. Word has spread like wildfire of your deeds. First the Elder to swore to protect, then your brother. Many people want you dead, I can take you away from life on the run. Just come with me, to the Institute of War."
I thought of Riven, and how Ionia helped her at my expense.
"I do not wish to join you old man." I said.
"Oh? Does it help that Riven is there?" I was shocked at what he said. How did he know Riven knew me?.
"Riven? She told you of me?"
"Yes, she did. She also sends a message." He handed me a letter.

'Yasuo, I am very sorry for what I have done. But Ionia said they could help me out of Noxus. I did not care, at the time, what would happen. I just wanted out. I went into self-induced exile. I broke my enchanted sword. I left my old life behind, and tried to start anew. Then this man, whom you are probably talking since he had my letter, found me wandering the Shurima Desert. I was on the brink of death. And this man saved me. Regards, Riven."
"When do we leave?" I asked, then I folded the letter.
"Immediately. There is a river boat not far from here. We will take that to Demacia, then take horses to the Institute."
We walked in silence, and got on to the boat then we headed for Demacia.

I realize now, that because Ionia banished me I can start over. I can live my life without interference from Ionia. Yone is dead, my country hates me, I have nothing left to lose. I will not bring Riven in to show my innocence, because Ionia will kill me on sight. There is no use in trying to show Ionia I am innocent. I will just live at the Institute and battle other people. I apologize to Yone for not chasing Riven down, but we have become friends.

My name is Yasuo. I was publicly disgraced by my own country, after everything I had done for them I wish nothing more than the people who set me up to fall from power. They should not be able to frame someone for something they paid someone else to do. Yone is dead, my country hates me, what do I have left to live for? I can show people what I am capable of. I will show Ionia that I won't be pushed around.

JinzlerIan

05-01-2014

Here I was expecting the beginning to a full-length novel but it was only a tiny story. It has great potential and I feel like it can be expanded to expose readers to more emotion and to know Yasuo better.

Overall, superb job.

Zuriadyn

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinzlerIan View Post
Here I was expecting the beginning to a full-length novel but it was only a tiny story. It has great potential and I feel like it can be expanded to expose readers to more emotion and to know Yasuo better.

Overall, superb job.
Thank you for the feedback, but full length novels aren't really my thing. I prefer so spend less time on one story, and pump out multiple in the time it would take to write a novel.

JinzlerIan

05-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuriadyn View Post
Thank you for the feedback, but full length novels aren't really my thing. I prefer so spend less time on one story, and pump out multiple in the time it would take to write a novel.
Well, to each our styles. I hope to read more of your short stories soon!

Zuriadyn

05-08-2014

Stay tuned for more information on upcoming stories!
I will work on another soon (today)!
All I need now, is a title....
Plot line is done.
I hope you all enjoy it!

Hint:: Thresh's Wifesteal is at 100%!! Watch out!!!!!!

Zuriadyn

06-05-2014

Hello all, if you're still here, the next story is almost done. Just hang on a bit longer! I can probably put it up by the end of June.

Thank you for staying (if you are)
But if you're not, then oh well

~Zuriadyn